PDA

View Full Version : Problem with SMS module

RRodrigues
01.02.2012, 13:01
Hello,

A few days ago my SMS unit was responding to SMS calls (status report) with strange characters in the SMS message. As I never did a firmware update I thought that could be the problem as I upgraded recently the firmware of the ProfiLux Plus II to 5.10. The first update I did on the SMS-module was to version 3.02 and after that it stopped completely sending SMS messages. I did another update to version 2.01 and the problem still persisted. I did all the 2 upgrades accordingly to the instructions and all went well with no error messages. In the ProfiLux Control (5.1.1.2) the status of the SMS-module is set as ready and in the LED lights all is OK (red light is blinking at 3 sec interval and yellow light is permanently ON).

A strange thing I noticed is when I connect to the computer the internal clock of the GSM-module is always set at 0:00:00h and I always have to set it up to the current time.

Thank you

GHL Support
03.02.2012, 16:02
Maybe a weak battery?
Is the SMS-Module still working (at least for 1 min), if you unplug (not switch off) the power supply of the SMS-Module?

RRodrigues
03.02.2012, 16:09
Hallo Frank,

I don't think so, without power supply it still works.

What should I do?

GHL Support
07.02.2012, 07:53
Then you should try following:

Switch the SMS module off, disconnect the SMS modules power supply, switch the SMS module on again.
SMS module should boot and login to the GSM network successfully.

If this work you should try following:
update all your settings for the SMS module via PLC

If the problem still there?