PDA

View Full Version : Looking @ Premade LED Units that work with Profilux 3EX

Silentone
25.01.2012, 12:48
Basically i'm wanting to upgrade my lighting unit for my 400L 1.5m tank. I've got a MH unit which holds 2x250W DE bulbs with 2x 54w T8 tubes.

Making the most of my GHL system i was wondering if there any any LED units that will work with the Profilux easily so can simulate lightning storms, sunrise etc.

Blahenazo
25.01.2012, 21:15
There are some options:
1) 0-10V
2) pwm steering
3)buildin GHL support

1) you also have the normal 0-10V analog steering ledlamp

2) PS are an option (via PWM )
, BUT .... with the new upcoming PS hyperion I don't like the GHL interface option anymore ( if you need 8L channels to steer this lamp, via this module http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/System__E_/Products/Illumination_technics/LED_technology/LEDControl4/ledcontrol4.html ) This module changes the L analog signal in a 256b resolution PWM channel )

But if they use the PWM method on the hyperion that is 2 such modules => 4 l ports and the hyperion is upgradedable to 12 channels. this is getting ......

Now if their was a PAB , to PWM module with 8 or more channels , => yess please ( while your at it GHL increase the PWM resolution => 256 ) is not as smooth as the PS controller.

3) buildin in profilux module of AI can be controlled via the serial connection

BUT .... (again ) rumors say the upcomming AI will have more buildin etc... so it remains to be seen how this will work with our profilx

3 bis) maybe if we are lucky ecotech will make this radion leds controllable via the current ecotech ghl module

SO I'm a bit skeptical about the trend I see in the led industrie every ledlamp maker is trying to push his own controller to the user ( marketing !!!! , you can charge extra for your controller , and you bind you clients to your productsn)
and since they have a controller anyway they add more stuff to distinct them from other lamp makers. so the light controller gets a webinterface (because web is still a buzz words ) or they make a fancy Ipad application , then they add pomp controller (offcourse because those cool thunderstorm ) then they add a temp sensor etc.....

And I'm not talking BS here => PS has buildin webinterface andI thought it also support pump support ,
Ecotech , radion steers pumps etc.... Vertex illu they have their on controller.

So in the end we will have alot of controllers and I just want my profilux :))))))

Blahenazo
25.01.2012, 21:16
ehuem sorry about my rant but I got carried away !

Silentone
25.01.2012, 22:30
Haha thats all good, I've never used LED's before nor know anything about them but thanks!!!!

I did find http://www.pacific-sun.eu/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=78&Itemid=78 which is promising, will try find some reviews.

onno10
25.01.2012, 22:37
I have the pacific-sun led lamps and can say only 1 thing they are The Best there is. No,.. not made of rubber.

Silentone
25.01.2012, 23:36
I have the pacific-sun led lamps and can say only 1 thing they are The Best there is. No,.. not made of rubber.

Which model do you have?

I have a 400L tank 151cm long * 51 cm wide * 66 cm deep - which model should i have?

onno10
26.01.2012, 00:10
Which model do you have?

I have a 400L tank 151cm long * 51 cm wide * 66 cm deep - which model should i have?

I have the Phobos 2x 160 watt led and 2 x 54 watt t5. The led is running at 75 % . My tank is 160x60x60 cm. Sps is growing very good. For your tank 2 x 120 watt will be ok.

Blahenazo
26.01.2012, 19:38
for me its the following:

if AI brings out their new version (phoenix) it will be intresting

if I may assume the AI phoenix is on par with the current AI modules but with more features etc...

AI phoenix
ecotech
pacific sun
illumina vertex

1 ) phoenix AI
assuming the phoenix improve on features ( more led channels, wireless module connections , no serial interface to the profilux but something else)

2) ecotech , i like ecotech , but the price OOOUCH but if you compare the led tech it leaves room for improvement (led tech is 'old' XP-G and run them @ 5 watt ???? ), if we can steer radions via our ecotech profilux module ? =< yeahah
and its is a nice package

3 ) PS: I don't like the hyperion T5 54 watt format. so that is my biggest drawback (I want small modules, so I can light the parts of the tank I want )
I'm also worried about the led color schadowing, because its not a point light source ( like the pods of the others )
8 channel PWM ??? alot of l ports

4) vertex the price , with the vertex I like the pods setup but it has light spread ( more then any other led light ), but I don't see it linking to our profilux soon (cerebra ) and the price !!!

Antipodes
27.01.2012, 05:14
Thanks for all the research Blahenazo.
Have been looking, but you have condensed it down nicely.

BigAl07
27.01.2012, 17:03
Here is a list of who uses GHL for their lamps....not all are plug and play but GHL supported.

Pacific Sun
A.I
Radion
TMC AQUA RAY
Sviligio
ATI
Geismann
Ecoxotic

There are lots more also

BigAl07
27.01.2012, 17:05
I just worked with Michael (aqua_digital) helping a client get his new Apollo LED units connected to his ProfiLux. It requires removing the Apollo connecter and wiring it into the EVG ballast control but from what I can tell it's a great set-up and once you know the pin-out it's easy to wire up. Less than 30 minutes for the first one and quicker there after.

Silentone
15.02.2012, 22:28
I've ordered the EcoTech Radions - Now to wait for full GHL support :)

BigAl07
16.02.2012, 15:28
Do you have the GHL/Vortec module already?

Silentone
17.02.2012, 04:47
Do you have the GHL/Vortec module already?

I need that!?!?

Oh snap.. :(

BigAl07
17.02.2012, 13:54
Yes sir. It will control the Vortec pumps now and once the "Details" are worked out between Ecotech & GHL it's supposed to be able to control the Radions as well. It will be SWEET once it's controlling both.

Silentone
28.02.2012, 19:50
Got my radions today, Love them!!!!

BigAl07
28.02.2012, 19:51
Got my radions today, Love them!!!!

That's AWESOME! Can't wait to see them in action! Do you have any Vortec Pumps?

Silentone
28.02.2012, 19:58
That's AWESOME! Can't wait to see them in action! Do you have any Vortec Pumps?

I wish :(

Anyway here are some photos, tank needs a big clean! been working too much on myProfilux lol

BigAl07
28.02.2012, 20:02
They look SWEET!! Now to see when EcoTec releases their code to GHL so we can have ProfiLux integration.

You've gotta get a couple of MP's on there to really see what total integration is all about :)

Silentone
28.02.2012, 20:07
They look SWEET!! Now to see when EcoTec releases their code to GHL so we can have ProfiLux integration.

You've gotta get a couple of MP's on there to really see what total integration is all about :)

Yeah so expensive though :( If GHL/Ecotech get it working i could use my Tunze pumps