PDA

View Full Version : ProfiLux 3

greg.rosenberg
23.01.2012, 05:02
Hi all, I am thinking about purchasing a PrfiLux 3 for a new tank I am preparing.

The tank will be a 1.6m 540L Akva Stabil tropical Community Freshwater tank that I want to be as low maintenance as I can.

I already have two (2) Eheim Pro 3E 2076 Filters and a CO2 setup (not controlled).

I want to add monitoring for Temp & Co2 and am also thinking about Redox and Conductivity but I am unsure as to their importance with a Community Freshwater tank.

Now the Akva Stabil tank makes it very difficult to put the probe in the back of the tank itself as the lid is very low profile so I am looking at using the Flow Through Cell either on the return from one of my Eheim Filters or on a separate pump.

What concerns me is that with all of my probes in a separate cell outside the tank, if the flow through the Flow Through Cell stops then all of my sensors will be reporting invalid values.

What has everyone done? I am wondering if I need to add some sort of Flow Sensor in the return line to trigger an alarm and some modified control logic?

Any advise greatly appreciated.