PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Touch

richard.mayo
07.01.2012, 10:13
Well I've had the Profilux Touch for a few weeks now so i thought i would put down some thoughts.

Design
Design wise the unit is great, its the perfect size in both total measurements and also the size of the screen. The unit seems to be well built and thought out.
I am using the Gooseneck suction cup and find this to be amazing also, its extremely strong and not flimsy at all, i would recommend it highly.

Screen
The screen seems to be amazing, on startup of the unit you get some clouds and the Profilux logo, i was surprised by the resolution and color of the logo. It seems that the actual interface of the unit is in less resolution than what the actual unit is capable of, perhaps we will see some increased UI resolutions in future firmware upgrades.

UI
The UI is good, everything is simple and easy to find. I would like a see perhaps more "apple like" icons, the ones that are used seem like they come from a 1980's console game.
The graphs were a little disappointing, the scale is not automatic or adjustable so for the likes of REDOX which the scale is set from -1000 to 1000 you can't really tell the increases and decreases. The same for the Salinity graphs, it is only in "ms" and can't be changed.
Another thing with the graphs, the "+" and "-" icons seem to be the wrong way round, when you first open the graph you see it as 24hrs so to "pull out" and see 10 days you think you would push the "-" but you actually need to hit the "+". It seems strange to me but perhaps its correct to others.
Been able to change the display wallpaper to a set color is also great, i have mine on simple black and works well.
I love been able to control the sockets also, this is perfect when I'm working on the tank, i can easily turn a controllable socket off and on. However they are not labeled which makes figuring out which one to turn on and off very hard.

Conclusion
I think this is a great bit of kit for the Profilux, i still think much more can be done to the unit and look forward to see where GHL take it. In my opinion the Profilux should come without a screen and then you can add the touch if you want.
I would recommend this product

What i would like to see improved

Lables for the sockets
Graphs to be improved (auto adjusting scale, selectable measurements for salinity)
Speed to data transmission through PAB increase, would like to see the screens refresh faster

Matthias
17.01.2012, 09:40
Hi

thaanks for your comments and ideas.

Let's see what we can implement in the next firmware release.