PDA

View Full Version : float sensor

ricefootball
29.06.2009, 14:28
When does the float sensor actually trip action within the system? Is it as soon as it loses contact with the top, or does it have to get all the way down to the bottom? I assume it turns off when it floats back to the top again and makes contact, I'm just trying to see how much water loss it will take before it turns on.

ricefootball
30.06.2009, 02:05
here's my setup

I'm running version 4.5
I've set sensor 1 to auto top off with 5 second delay
ATO set to always active
Max on time of water 1 is 15 minutes
when I hold down the float, under "current sensor states" Sensor 1 the checked boxes for both direct and delayed become unchecked.

I've set both S4 and S6 to water 1. I tried S4 first, and nothing happened, so I did S6 as well. When I hold down the float for more than 5 seconds, I can't get any socket to turn on or become active. The pump for the ATO is currently set up in S4.

Please help me

Matthias
30.06.2009, 08:24
I don't understand the problem

does the socket "water 1" switch on and off accordingly to the position of the floater (with a delay of 5s)?

ricefootball
30.06.2009, 13:42
I don't understand the problem

does the socket "water 1" switch on and off accordingly to the position of the floater (with a delay of 5s)?

No it will not turn on. I hold down the float switch for 10 15 20 seconds, and the socket never turns on. That's the problem.

Matthias
30.06.2009, 16:24
the socket has function "water 1", the mode is "ATO" (always active) and we are talking about sensor whose state is displayed correctly - so far correct?

if yes - it must work. The only reason why it may not work is an alarm. Is the level alarm triggered? Then it must be reset, otherwise the ATO will be deativated for safety reasons.

ricefootball
30.06.2009, 16:34
the socket has function "water 1", the mode is "ATO" (always active) and we are talking about sensor whose state is displayed correctly - so far correct?

if yes - it must work. The only reason why it may not work is an alarm. Is the level alarm triggered? Then it must be reset, otherwise the ATO will be deativated for safety reasons.

Now we are talking, that makes sense. I've had an alarm going off ever since I set up the computer and have no idea what to do with it.

In the area where i set up the sensor I've unchecked the alarm box, but how do I reset the alarm? i can't even tell what the alarm is for honestly.

MAXreefer
30.06.2009, 17:35
Don't know if you have the same problem as I had but I had the Alarm function activated also when I was "testing" the level sensors by holding them down with my hand etc.
I had to go on the controller itself to LEVEL and the push the return button.
It asked something like "reset" or "reset alarm" and when I confirmed the alarm function went off and the sensor started working properly.
If there is no alarm activated and you would go on the controller to the LEVEL option and select it you won't see the "reset alarm" but instead you will see "operation mode"

ricefootball
30.06.2009, 18:36
Don't know if you have the same problem as I had but I had the Alarm function activated also when I was "testing" the level sensors by holding them down with my hand etc.
I had to go on the controller itself to LEVEL and the push the return button.
It asked something like "reset" or "reset alarm" and when I confirmed the alarm function went off and the sensor started working properly.
If there is no alarm activated and you would go on the controller to the LEVEL option and select it you won't see the "reset alarm" but instead you will see "operation mode"

Resetting the alarm fixed it! Thanks!