PDA

View Full Version : Which USB to RS232 (USB to Serial) Adapter

BigAl07
27.12.2011, 21:45
As the name states which adapter (USB to Serial) have you found to be reliable each and every time? I'm trying to work on a side project and wanted to identify some for new users that are proven to work and be reliable. So what do you use and where did you get it from?

Antipodes
28.12.2011, 03:26
As the name states which adapter (USB to Serial) have you found to be reliable each and every time? I'm trying to work on a side project and wanted to identify some for new users that are proven to work and be reliable. So what do you use and where did you get it from?
Personnaly I have 5 installed for various tasks around the workshop and I find any with a Prolific chip set to be more reliable and work with most items. Would have to have a better look to see what chipset numbers I am using, but I guess the new ones will be different to what I have anyway.
Tried a few over the years and thrown many out. Eventually only purchased the above with only minimal problems.

Blahenazo
28.12.2011, 08:52
I bought a sweex usb to serial convertor and never had an issue.
I just checked on the inet and its idd a prolific chipset

here I found it ( your might want to look around for lower prices )
http://www.amazon.com/Sweex-CD005-USB-Serial-Cable/dp/B000WHG5C8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325058669&sr=8-1