PDA

View Full Version : Dosing Pump - Setup by time and pH

balloonpilot
29.06.2009, 02:27
New to this but love my ProFilux and just purchased a dosing pump for my setup. My 1st venture will be to dose saturated Kalkwaser...

Requirements:
1) Only dose Kalkwaser if pH is below X (8.3)
2) Only dose Kalkwaser if its night time
3) Only dose 230ml amount of Kalkwaser per day max, preferably to spread that 230ml over the night time and not all at once

Ive figured my evaporation rate to be 230ml per day.

I've already got a separate pump setup (not part of dosing system) for an ATO so the plan would be that the Kalkwaser would take care of 'some' of the water replacement as long as the pH was lower than requried, if pH was within spec, then norma ATO (R/O DI) water would be used.

How do I set this up?

Also - If I setup as a 'dosing pump' and tell it 60ml/minute, 1 dose, 230ml per dose... When will that dose actually occur?

Cheers

balloonpilot
30.06.2009, 17:30
Anyone...?

Matthias
07.07.2009, 07:39
very complicated question, maybe this can be solved in this way:

1. set timer for several dosing times at night, e.g. 4 times with a duration of 1 minute each -> then you will dose 4 x 60ml (because the pump doses 60ml per minute) - of course you can make all this more accurate if you measure the actual flow of the pump and if you set the times in seconds resolution
2. set pH control - desired value 8.3
3. use prog. logic:
logic 1 = Timer 1 AND pH 1 upwards (you want to increase the pH value)
4. now use socket function "logic 1" for the pump in question instead of "dosing"

balloonpilot
07.07.2009, 11:12
Thanks Matthias,

I will give it a try when I return (end of next week).

Cheers
John

very complicated question, maybe this can be solved in this way:

1. set timer for several dosing times at night, e.g. 4 times with a duration of 1 minute each -> then you will dose 4 x 60ml (because the pump doses 60ml per minute) - of course you can make all this more accurate if you measure the actual flow of the pump and if you set the times in seconds resolution
2. set pH control - desired value 8.3
3. use prog. logic:
logic 1 = Timer 1 AND pH 1 upwards (you want to increase the pH value)
4. now use socket function "logic 1" for the pump in question instead of "dosing"

balloonpilot
04.08.2009, 22:34
Thanks Matthias,

I will give it a try when I return (end of next week).

Cheers
John

That Worked Great !

Thanks