PDA

View Full Version : Please help!!! PH reading interference.

richardshen
17.12.2011, 18:53
I have ran into an issue with the ph probe reading on the profilux 3ex running 5.10 firmware. I recently purchased the 3ex after reading through the manual, feeling rather confident I started the installation. I mounted all the componates, hooked up all the wiring and finally plug in the power supply, NOTHING. Not a sign of life. Long story short it was a defective power supply which the local dealer replaced promptly. Round 2, powered up with the new power supply and went through the programming procedure, assignd both of the pabs' and calibrated all the sensor things were looking good until the following day when the pab turned on my halides. All of sudden the ph shot up to 10.5, and when night fall as the last halide goes off the ph returns to normal reading. I was really perplexed. I thought maybe its because the calcium reactor is setting in the garage and the wire for the ph probe goes through a hole in the wall where the mh wiring also routed to the garage. needless to say I was surprised by the sensitivity of the probe as this never happened with my apex controller, but with electromagnetic interference in mind(I did't think the digital mh ballast had any problems like that) I took the ph probe and routed away from any kinds of wiring, re-calibrated the sensor and placed it in the sump where nothing will or could cause an interference. I was watching eagerly today when my halide came on, and what do you know it fricken happened again but instead of reading 10.5 it went down to 6.2. I just don't get it. what am I doing wrong here? Am I missing some thing? btw I also tried different ph probes just so I am not mistaking. I also went through the program to see if there is any adjustment I can do and also the signal filter but no success. PLEASE HELP!

Antipodes
18.12.2011, 05:54
Hi Richardshen,
This is a common problem mainly with the redox probe.
But the problem is the power supply is not earthed correctly and needs to be replaced with an earthed powersupply.
As I understand it, all new powersupplies are earthed and have an earth pin, so perhaps yours is an old one that they have had in stock for some time?
Have a read of these threads
ORP-readings-fluctuating (http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/showthread.php?4137-ORP-readings-fluctuating........./page2&highlight=redox)
1265-tunze-6105-vs-redox (http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/showthread.php?1265-tunze-6105-vs-redox&highlight=isolator)