PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

richard.mayo
14.12.2011, 06:14
I can't believe this has happened

Just got my new Touch and i tried to update the firmware, what i didn't realize is that i had the Profilux and the Touch plugged into power bars so when i unplugged all the PAB power bars (as you can only have the PAB device you are updating connected) to only have the touch plugged in, i started the update and it had only just started to read the file and then the touch and my profilux turned off......

Now when i plug in the touch only the power LED is going, not the Coms LED and the touch itself only displays the startup screen...

HELP, i hope i haunt broken it, its brand new and i was so excited to get it!!!

Ive tried everything, it won't even show up in the PAB menu on the profilux and i have a PABcom alarm because it can't find it. Ive tried different ports, different cables and nothing, the PAB LED is dead.....

richard.mayo
14.12.2011, 06:15
i also noticed before i upgraded that when i plugged in the Touch, all the comm LED's on the touch and power bars were flashing fast....

richard.mayo
14.12.2011, 07:11
now things are getting strange....

On the rest of the devices the Comm LED is not blinking properly, sometimes it seems to stutter... also i updated my Vortech Module to 1.03 but it reads as 1.06... when i un-assign it in the PAB menu and then go to re-assign it, its already check marked...... what is going on?!?!?!

GHL Support
14.12.2011, 08:57
Ok, try following:

First make a PAB Reset (ProfiLux Menu -> System -> Configure PAB)
Disconnect all PAB devices at ProfiLux except for the ProfiLux Touch-Interface (only ProfiLux and Touch connected at PAB)
Select in PLC menu -> File -> Firmware update PAB-device and choose ProfiLux Touch firmware file
We confirm the message "Do you want to update a ProfiLux Touch now?" with yes
We accept following message "Error! No PAB device is connected! Try update anyway?" with yes
The Update should start

If this fails, disconnect the Touch-Interface from its power supply
Select in PLC menu -> File -> Firmware update PAB-device and choose ProfiLux Touch firmware file
We confirm the message "Do you want to update a ProfiLux Touch now?" with yes
Wait for the message "Error! No PAB device is connected! Try update anyway?"
reconnect the Touch-Interface to the PowerSupply
...and within 5s...
accept message "Error! No PAB device is connected! Try update anyway?" with yes

richard.mayo
14.12.2011, 11:24
Awesome Frank, your second instructions works :) Im the happiest person in the world :)

All the COMM LED's on the power bars and things are still flashing really fast and in no pattern.

richard.mayo
15.12.2011, 10:27
any luck with the COMM LED issue?

Also why is the Vortech Module showing 1.04??