PDA

View Full Version : Spot simulation* light -unusual behaviour

MAKDENTAL
11.12.2011, 19:21
I have a Spot simulation* PL-0355 for /moon /sunset /storm. It is on ports L1 (moon) and L2 sunrise/set. Both channels are timed to switch on and then completely off twice daily at the start and end of main lighting period as is the norm.

However in the middle of the night when all the lights are timed to be off with 0% power, I have noticed that the white centre lights and blue moon lights cycle in intensity (like a sine wave) over about 5 seconds constantly. this has become anoying as I want full control and would like the aquarium to be in total darkness in the middle of the night.

2089 2090 2091

is this a clue:-

as the pumps can follow sine wave

but still do it when output is altered to a square wave:

Can anyone help?

Blahenazo
12.12.2011, 08:31
why do you have a min set of 0.8 V for your spot channels ? ( this will be your 0% setttings )
maybe this will be the cause. (the apperent since wave thing can just be the fact that it is such a low voltage for the spot )

MAKDENTAL
12.12.2011, 11:17
why do you have a min set of 0.8 V for your spot channels ? ( this will be your 0% setttings )
maybe this will be the cause. (the apperent since wave thing can just be the fact that it is such a low voltage for the spot )

I was initially told to do this by Steve at reef dreams UK GHL main dealer:
http://www.reefdreams.co.uk/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/18/21/how-do-i-set-up-a-simu-stick-or-spot-led

Thanks for the suggestion- I will reduce to zero tonight the voltage minimum. however from memory I think I have already done this!

MAKDENTAL
18.12.2011, 14:38
any help please ghl?