PDA

View Full Version : Black optical sensor switching every 5 minutes?

Gilles
02.12.2011, 20:24
HI,

My black optical sensor is switching on and off every 5 minutes to do an ATO. I've never had this behaviour before.
I've increased the time to 240 seconds but this is still to low. Can this be increased?

My best solution would be that, when the tank is filling up, it will keep filling for about 'x' (configurable) minutes so the sensor is totally submerged. I would like to fill it an extra 10 minutes (R/O unit is slow...)

Any tips on how to accomplish this? I have firmware version 5.09, PIII EX, Profilux Control 5.0.9.2

Gilles
03.12.2011, 20:31
bump

Antipodes
04.12.2011, 04:26
bump
To be quite honest, I don't have a Profilux solution for you.
But rather than switching on the RO unit when you need water. I suggest you get a small pressure tank to put in line with the RO output(either stainless or plastic), so as to avoid the unit switching on and off more times than it needs to. They are pretty cheap and I find it builds the pressure up sufficiently to do top ups a number of times before it needs to switch back on, and it also provides a better flow rate when the top up valve comes on to replenish the system.(So you don't need a large hysteresis, or time out. My time out is 5 secs)

Gilles
04.12.2011, 12:22
Hmm come to think of it, i can accomplish this with programmable logic!

Function: Delayed off
Input 1: Water 1
Timer: 600 seconds

(now my tank fills for at least 600 seconds before it stops with ATO)

Don't worry, i have a emergency overflow so my tank won't spill

Matthias
05.12.2011, 10:04
you can assign a timer to the ATO - ATO will only be performed when timer is active