PDA

View Full Version : temp reading 3 deg high

BigAl07
27.11.2011, 19:28
I just hooked up my Temp Probe (recent upgrade from PII to P3). When I initially installed it (I have the orginal ADC values) I plugged it into the wrong port. Unknowingly I used the "Adjust Temp" in the PLC to compensate for the temp variance. Because the TEMP ALARM would not go off I got to looking and realized it was in location #1 instead of #2. I placed it into #2 and it read about 25 deg high (probably from the Adjust Temp function I used in error). This time there was no option for "Adjust Temp" (it literally is no longer on the screen) so I went into "Calibrate" and re-entered my previous ADC settings. This brought the temp within 3 deg of what it is actually at but like I said there is no "Temp Adjust" option available.

Where did the "Adjust Temp" option go and why?

what do I need to change to lower the indicated temp reading 3 degrees?

BigAl07
28.11.2011, 18:48
I still don't know where the "Adjust Temp" option went to but a few hours later I logged into my P3 and the option was again there. I made the needed adjustments and everything is reading spot on today.

Manminder
31.12.2011, 12:59
i have the same problem, worse yet i dont know how i done it!!

BigAl07
31.12.2011, 23:06
If memory serves me correct (that's a major IF) I did a complete power down by removing power from the unit for about 2 minutes. When it powered back up the "Adjust Temp" option was again available.

Manminder
02.01.2012, 11:36
yea i tried it yesterday straight after the post. powered the ubit back up and same problemo but blinked and adjust temp was back again lol.