PDA

View Full Version : Question about moving Profilux 3 eX to another county?

NemOne
24.10.2011, 17:26
Hi there,
Currently I live in USA and some months ago I bought a P3eX with one powerbar PAB, level sensors, temp, ph, cond, redox probes.
Recently I've been told I have to go and work in Europe for 2+ years. So my question is - can I take my controller with me and use it on an aquarium there? I ask because the country I go to use 220v instead of 110v. Also can I use my warranty there if something goes wrong, the controller does have international warranty, doesn't it? Please let me know.

Antipodes
26.10.2011, 09:24
You will need to buy another power supply from where ever you are moving too and a new powerbar to suit the new voltage. Everything else on the profilux should work.
As for warranty, I expect that GHL will answer you more emphatically. But you would only expect to get warranty service from your agent or place where you purchased the unit. Not in your new country. Of course if you are going to Germany, you may be lucky?

I live in NZ and purchased in Singapore. My expectation is that I will have to ship it back to Singapore for any warranty action as they made the profit from it, not a local seller!

NemOne
26.10.2011, 10:44
Thank you for the reply Antipodes. Isn't the powersupply 110-240v compatable though? As for the warranty I've always thought you could contact the manufacturer directly in case of a problem, as with almost every other product I've owned I know it was possible. I would really like to hear from moderators as they could give the most consistent answers to my questions.