PDA

View Full Version : Demo Mode?

joshb
24.06.2009, 23:49
Hi-

I've tried to use the demo mode with both v4.0.5 as well as v4.0.6, and it's not working. When I click the "Demo Mode" option in the "Extras" menu, the check mark appears, but I'm never put into the demo mode.

I'm running Vista Home Premium, and have updated to the recommended Service Pack for the Visual C++ library as referenced on ReefCentral.

Any help is appreciated, just trying to get an idea of the software before I purchase.

Thanks,
Josh

Matthias
26.06.2009, 15:55
what is the problem exactly?

you first activate demo mode, then click "connect"

joshb
26.06.2009, 17:32
It was most certainly operator error. Humble thanks for your time.

what is the problem exactly?

you first activate demo mode, then click "connect"

shardyl
22.11.2011, 14:23
Hi

I am also unable to use demo mode, I have downloaded version 5 to 5.11 and have demo mode ticked in extras. When I click connect it scans for the profilux and then says "could not connect. Do you want to check settings now?"

I would really like to test this software before I purchase as I am particularaly interested in the progammable logic feature.

Blahenazo
22.11.2011, 19:37
I didn't known 'demo mode' I tested it

and IMHO it is not very 'product-like' => alot of menu's seem empty ( no timers , no illu channels, not logic , no sockets , no maintenance mode , no probe info )

so if your impressed by demo mode , the real product will certainly impress you :))))

BTW : logic is not available in the demo ( at least when I push the button , it doesn't do anything )

shardyl
22.11.2011, 21:05
I didn't known 'demo mode' I tested it

and IMHO it is not very 'product-like' => alot of menu's seem empty ( no timers , no illu channels, not logic , no sockets , no maintenance mode , no probe info )

so if your impressed by demo mode , the real product will certainly impress you :))))

BTW : logic is not available in the demo ( at least when I push the button , it doesn't do anything )

Yeah I know what you mean, I got it working on another PC running XP (it wouldnt work on my windows 7 machine)

Its a shame they didnt fill it with all the full functionality so i could test program it. I know that nothing would actually happen but at least i could see if i am able to program a specific saltwater change function that i want to use.

I am happy that it can do everything i want but am unsure if it will perform the saltwater change as it has quite a few variables!

BigAl07
22.11.2011, 21:46
I wasn't even aware there was a DEMO mode. I'll have to try it out when I get home tonight.

Blahenazo
23.11.2011, 19:05
I wasn't even aware there was a DEMO mode. I'll have to try it out when I get home tonight.

don't bother , play with the real deal is more fun.

Matthias
23.11.2011, 19:13
I have to admit that the demo mode is not up-to-date anymore, not all "real" functions are implemented yet. We had to concentrate on other things recently.