PDA

View Full Version : Setting up a Chiller

richard.mayo
16.10.2011, 04:36
Hi,

Is it better to have the Profilux turn on and off the chiller or the pump pushing water to the chiller??

Thanks

blue1975
16.10.2011, 10:28
If ur pump is not on all the time it won't circulate thrue the chiller and chiller will start up with his internal temp control .
Besides i don't know if it safe to cut chiller's power (i haven't got prof yet ti trie it) but i ask teco if i can cut the power as profilux will need but they never answer me back
I was thinking to put both chiller -pump to power up together

Tapatalk

richard.mayo
16.10.2011, 10:35
Would it be a problem if the chiller didn't have water circulating through it?? You could just set the chillers temp down a couple of degrees and then whenever the tank needed to be chilled the Profilux could start the pump to the chiller and circulate the hot water to be cooled.....

I just don't think its a good idea to turn the chiller on and off with the profilux....

blue1975
16.10.2011, 11:03
Yes it will. . As i sea in my house when eg i close my filter ( i had conect both of them together ) after 2-3 minutes the chiller where turning on as u forget it wont circulate

Tapatalk

doggydoc10
16.10.2011, 12:59
I have the chiller turning on and off being controlled by P3. It's been like this for 6 months, no problems with chiller so far.

richard.mayo
24.10.2011, 05:45
i would really like to hear from GHL on what they recommend, I'm picking up my chiller tomorrow

chiefzod
16.11.2011, 00:53
Had my chiller running off Profilux for 3 years and have no problems. I leave the pump on all the time i just turn the chiller on and off.

Matthias
16.11.2011, 09:02
switching chiller and pump: OK
switching chiller only: OK
switching pump only: makes not much sense in my opinion

blue1975
16.11.2011, 12:44
switching chiller and pump: OK
switching chiller only: OK
switching pump only: makes not much sense in my opinion
Mathias it is not ur opinion thats a deadly choise coz it will eventually burn the chiller from overheat due to no turning off as the chiller's tempreture probe is in a small tank near the compressor and this will give higher readings due to compressor heatings that will cause the chiller to stay on constantly