PDA

View Full Version : DALI controlled dimmable lightbar over 100% illumination?

robertvo
27.09.2011, 11:43
Hello!

I am a brand new costumer, I just received my profilux equipment yesterday. So If I ask stupid questions, please bare with me:

For the moment I have 1 DALI controllerd lightbar and 1 SIMU-LED connected.
When I enter manual illumination on the profilux 3, I found that Channel #1 corresponds with the blue moon LED lights, Channel #2 to red sun LED lights and channel #3 to the DALI controlled lightbar. Everything works fine from there.

Now, I just set an illumination run according to the manual for channel 3, with 6 dimm-points at 6 different times, and I included all simulations like rainy days, clouds, storms and moon (because oftherwise these simulations will not appear, right?)
When I saved this setting, I saw that profilux is reducing channel #3 from 999% to 000% continously, so when it reaches zero and it switches off the lightbar, it turns it back on again and starts counting down from this big number 999 again.

What am I doing wrong?

By the way, the "moon icon" is always on the display, is this correct?

Once again, sorry for the probably dumb questions, I hope you still want to help me because I really have no clue what to do.

Many thanks

Robert

GHL Support
28.09.2011, 09:08
Hello,

for your illumination 3 it makes no sense to activate the simulaton moon, this makes only sense for illumination 1 (which is the moon light itself).
Are you sure the display is not 99% and 0%? 999% would be strange - could you post a screen shot of this displayed status?
Also a screen shot of your dimming course settings would be helpful. Generally you have to pay attention that when the light bar shall be switched
off, you have to enter 0%. Before the lamp shall start again, the next dimming point has to begin again with 0%, in order that the 0% is hold in between.

robertvo
28.09.2011, 09:27
Hello Carolin,

Thank you for your response.
Yes I am positive that the percentage countdown was a 3 digit number, that is why things really confused me. Anyway I entered different dimmpoints and after that, this did not occur again. So I cannnot supply you with a screenshot. Its a good tip though, for next time something strange happens.

What I dont understand, illumination run #1 should only affect the moonphase? But why do I have to enter an illumination run for the moon if I want the profilux to simulate the moonphase according to the calendar?
So I have to set up an illumination run #2 for the sunrise as well?

Please take the time to explain me because I cant find any info on the internet and I am really getting lost.

Many thanks in advance

Robert

GHL Support
28.09.2011, 15:37
What I dont understand, illumination run #1 should only affect the moonphase? But why do I have to enter an illumination run for the moon if I want the profilux to simulate the moonphase according to the calendar? So I have to set up an illumination run #2 for the sunrise as well?

As I understood, you have connected the Simu to L1L2 (L1/illumination1= moon light, L2/illumination2= sunrise/sunset)?
Then you have to set a dimming course for the moon light and activate the moon simulation. The ProfiLux will take the course as a basis and will
adapt it to the natural moon phase.
Yes, for the sunrise/sunset (using the red LEDs of the Simu) you will have to program a dimming course for illumination 2.

robertvo
28.09.2011, 17:41
Okay, just done! thank you so much. One last question about the moon illumination: in the menu Illumination >> Moon, I also had to fill in a start and stop time for the moonphase. But didnt I already filled in a start and stop time with the Illumination run for that channel as you described in your previous message? It is a little confusing to me.

GHL Support
29.09.2011, 09:19
Yes, this is correct. Start and end time of the moon course and of the moon phase simulation have to be identical.