PDA

View Full Version : Profilux light II display exchange problem

reeferqq
13.09.2011, 12:43
Hi,

I got a Profilux Light II used for 3-4 years, quiet a lots of missing segment found on the display, so I order one and replace it, but it can't recognize the temp probe ( its firmware version : 5.07 ), someone told me that I should down grade the firmware version to 4.X otherwise it can't recognize the temp probe, so I downgrade the version to 4.08 but still can't .....I have take another temp probe from my P3 but got same result .... so what should I do now :( ?

Matthias
13.09.2011, 18:21
You don`t need to downgrade the firmware, in 5.xx the probe should be also present, of course.
What does "but it can't recognize the temp probe " mean exactly? Where is it missing?

What device type does the display show after booting?

Maybe the preprogrammed S/N is not correct, but this can be fixed.

reeferqq
14.09.2011, 00:04
Hi,

What does "but it can't recognize the temp probe " mean exactly? Where is it missing?
- After I replaced the display board, I can't find the "sensor setting" in the menu ( temp probe already plug-in ), so I connect the Light II to my computer and check by using PLC ( version 5.09 ), I can see the sensor overview but the temp probe appear as a level sensor...... After I downgrade the firmware, I can see the "sensor setting" in the menu but the temp probe or to be exact, no sensor found in the menu of Light II or check by using PLC ( version 4.08.1 ).

Maybe the preprogrammed S/N is not correct, but this can be fixed.
- What should I do ?

Regards,
Ricky

Matthias
14.09.2011, 12:58
tell me the S/N which is displayed after you connected with ProfiLuxControl

reeferqq
14.09.2011, 13:44
Since I already replaced with the old display board ( since I need Light II to control the chiller ), I will exchange the board again when I back home on Fri night. Any idea how long it will take to fix S/N problem so that I consider whether to replace the old board again or not ?

The no. shown on the label stick on the board is S/N ?

Matthias
15.09.2011, 08:39
The S/N is printed on the label of the device.
If there is an issue with the S/N it can be fixed in a few minutes. I send you a PM how to do it.

reeferqq
09.05.2012, 13:45
Hi,

Just have time to replace the display board and complete the recreation of S/N so the temp. probe can be seen and set. However, when I doing the firmware update to latest version 5.10 or 5.12at "erasing flash" stage, error message pop-up,

so pls advise how to fix since I would like to use it to control AI nano ?

Existing firmware : 4.08
PLC : 4.081
Remark : with proper USB-serial adaptor and GHL serial cable; I never experience this problem when updating my P3 ex.

Thanks for any help !!!

Ricky

Matthias
10.05.2012, 07:48
did you confirm the message on ProfiLux before updating?

reeferqq
10.05.2012, 15:49
Hi Matthias,

Don't know why, after several trial and finally succeed. Love the Light II with AI Nano for my frag tank.

Thanks for quick reply and great help provided.

BR
Ricky