PDA

View Full Version : Lost IP Lan config to Profilux 3 - 5.0.9.1 Firmware

heliart
09.09.2011, 18:14
Hi there,

I've had no problem for months, but today I've lost IP comms to my Profilux.
I'm configued as static IP, wired into my home network.
I can't ping the unit, or get the web interface up.

I've reset most everything, including resetting the IP settings on the Profilux. I tried both DHCP and back to hard wired, but no luck.

I'm tempted to do a full factory reset, but before I do that I want to rule out as much as possible.

Are the any ways to help debug this.

I'm connected with USB just now and that's all, OK, and the IP settings all look fine.

Cheers,

Steve

heliart
11.09.2011, 09:18
So, just updated the firmware. Still no IP connectivity. I'm going to try a factory reset and a reload of all the settings perhaps.
Is the IP module an add in card, could it be replaced?

Cheers,

Steve

heliart
11.09.2011, 09:25
Tried a direct connect to the LAN port of the Profilux, with all static IP's (just host and Profilux through a simply 4 port switch and through a cross over cable)
I get the connect lights on the ports, but no ping responce or connection.

I've not tried a factory reset, as I'm concerned about doing that on a running tank!!!

Is the IP support on an add in card on the Profilux EX3?

Would really like some help in debugging this one.

Cheers,

Steve

heliart
11.09.2011, 09:39
As a final check, I did a factory reset.

Switched the language from German to English, and loaded the settings file I saved before hand.

Still no IP connectivity.

So, it does look like a hardware issues

How best to fix this? I could contact the supplier here in the UK, but really wanted some advice from your end first??

Cheers again,

Steve

GHL Support
12.09.2011, 07:14
First you should check the current IP address at your ProfiLux.
Therefore check System->Communication->Onboard LAN->Current IP

Is the IP matching to the IP you've pinged?

heliart
12.09.2011, 16:36
Any chance you could move this thread to the ProfiLuxControl 5 (PC program and communication) section please - I started it in the wrong place.

In summary, been through all the settings. It's been working for 3 months rock solid. No change on the Profilux or network, but a few days ago it stopped reponding. I've tried plugging directly into the ethernet port on the Profilux, and both the green and orange lights are on, so there is a link, but no communications.
If I set Proflux to DHCP, it never requests a lease from the DHCP server.

I've udpated firmware, and tried a factory reset - still no luck.
USB is working fine.

My question is whether the ethernet is on a card that can be replaced - in case this is a hardware fault.

GHL Support
13.09.2011, 07:29
Ok, first check the current IP at the ProfiLux menu itself:
ProfiLux menu->System->Communication->Onboard LAN->Current IP
Is this IP matching to your settings in PLC?

Another thing to check: the displayed MAC address (PLC->System->LAN...) starts with 6C 63 A5 ...

heliart
13.09.2011, 07:56
The IP is the same in PLC and on the unit itself.

Interesting that the MAC is not in the range you mention!!

GHL Support
13.09.2011, 10:01
MAC: sorry my mistake (false number)...
The MAC starting with 00 50 C2 is correct

Did you try a power-on-reset (by unplugging the ProfiLux power supply a short time)? Any changes?

heliart
13.09.2011, 10:30
Yes, that was the first thing I tried in fact.
Since then I tried a firmware update (to see if that would flush out any setting that could of caused this).
Then, I did a factory reset.

It's odd, as it's been working for like 3 months with no issues at all - and I connect every couple of days at least.
It was just last Thursday it stopped working.
And I throught it was a simple netowork issue on my part, so I went through that entire process, bu t everything else is up and running.

I then tried to directly connect to the Profilux, but still no luck.

If you think there's some merit in taking the unit apart and reseating the card or something I'm happy to do it, but it's not so trivial as it's controlling a lot of thing just now.

Cheers,

Steve

Matthias
13.09.2011, 18:06
I am sorry but it seems we can`t offer here further help since you are absolutely sure that all settings are correct and your other LAN-network is functional.
The only reasonable thing to do is sending us the unit for inspection.

Please contact GHL before directly for the details or manage this over your distributor.

heliart
14.09.2011, 14:45
Just to be complete - and it might help other folks at some point.

I did an experiment that rules out any network connectivity issue.
I have a network video camera. I set it's IP to static 192.168.1.160 (same address I had Profilux set to).
Opened Aquarium cupboard, pulled ethernet cable from Profilux and plugged that same cable into camera.
IP 192.168.1.160 works perfect.

So, this is not a network issue. Something has certainly happened to the Profilux unit even though it's IP is set correctly, both from the GUI and from the front panel.