PDA

View Full Version : No measurementdata in the graph's anymore...??

mdanielse
26.08.2011, 16:10
Hello there,

I have the Touch for a month now, and(except for a few extra wishes) it was running fine.
Until now..........

For some reason the Touch does not display the measurementdata in the graph's anymore.
As you can see on the pictures, there are a few weeks of measurements stored on the Touch, but it only display's about eight hours? Eight hours ago i was in bed still fast asleep, so did not do anything with the Touch.
The only thing i did today, was making a new maintenance program (maintenance 3) it kills socket 6, with a maximum for 120 minutes.
I stared maintenance 3, and let it active for about 60 minutes, then i switched maintenance 3 off.
The Touch also was displaying the menu for those 60 minutes, not the mainscreen. This i had not don before.
An hour later i found out that the Touch did not display the Graph's correctly anymore.
I have powered down everything and booted up my whole aquariumsystem, but this did not help.
Have also included a picture with my system setup. The problem occurs with all the sensors graph's, PH1, PH2, Temp and Conductivity

Why does my Touch no longer display the graph's correctly. Am i doing something wrong, can you help me.....

With Kind Regards.
Jack

Matthias
26.08.2011, 16:22
Hi

it seems that invalid data in the measurement memory causes that the graph is not shown at all.

We are examing why there is invalid data and why the graph is not shown then.

This will be fixed with the next ProfiLux Touch Update.

This update will also include some of the customer wishes.

I am sure you will now know the exact date of the new formware release - unfortunately I can only give you a rough idea of about 2 ... 4 weeks.

mdanielse
26.08.2011, 16:45
Take your time......the only thing that counts is that the new firmware is solid, so a few week more or less does not matter for me.

For now, the old data in the Touch is corrupt, so i guess that i have to delete it form the memory, so that my new data is displayed correctly??

Fortunately i also store all the data in a text file on my computer, so it is not really a total big disaster:)

dr.dotti
27.08.2011, 12:40
I have the same problem, in my case i can se only 14h...

mdanielse
14.09.2011, 02:03
A bit of extra info:
Again my measurementdata on the Touch is gone.
I have made a virtual censor(salinity), and after a few hours i removed it, and now the touch only display a few day's of the data, the rest does not display. But the memory is still full.
Hope that the Touch update is going to be released soon, because this is getting a bit annoying.

Regards,
Jack

richard.mayo
19.09.2011, 09:25
Did this ever get fixed, it sounds like a major issue...

mdanielse
19.09.2011, 11:34
No. there is still no update which corrects this problem.
We will have to wait and see when GHL commes with a firmware update.
I hope soon........

mdanielse
09.10.2011, 00:36
Today an other small hick-up of the Touch revealed it self.
Where is the remaining measurementdata on the 7 day graph?
This happens not only with the temperature but with all the other graph's also, all the 7 day graph are now missing data.
And in the 30 day graph the missing data has come back.......?

How about that new firmware update for the Touch.... any progress yet?

With Kind Regards,
Jack

1 day graph, no problemS

7 day graph, missing some data

30 day graph, the missing data is back(and correctly shown, had a few day a higher temperature, so no corrupted data is shown)

mdanielse
11.10.2011, 00:09
And one day later.......... shit happens again....... no data in the graph's at all..........:mad:
Has anyone seen a complete 30 day graph full with measurementdata.
I don't seen to bee able to get there.
And the strange thing is that I have not don anything out of the ordinary, the data is still in the Touch somewhere but is just not presented in the graph's anymore.
So again I have to delete the data with was stored in the Touch, and now attempt number 3 to get a nice 30 and 90 day graph starts.

I seem to be repeating myself here:confused:

But seriously..... this really needs to be fixed!!
or if I am doing something wrong, please let me know

richard.mayo
15.10.2011, 10:54
I can't believe there isn't a mass return of this product, the Touch was released over 5 months ago and there are people with pretty serious issues but no resolution.

Im waiting to get this product because i think its a great idea but in its current form its useless.

GHL what is going on, when can we expect some resolution for these issues and an improvement on functionality???

Matthias
20.10.2011, 07:44
new firmware is right around the corner

mdanielse
20.10.2011, 10:59
:D :) can't wait........Hope that the power of the Touch now finally will be released. The Touch has enormous potential, so use it.............

richard.mayo
20.10.2011, 20:48

Awesome, as soon as its out im getting a touch :)

mdanielse
30.10.2011, 03:26
And again most of the measurementdata in my graph's are gone:mad:. I only have the first 3 day's left, the rest of the data is not shown in the graph's anymore. For my Touch it seems that the most i can get shown in a graph is about 3 weeks, after this time shit happens and the data get corrupted some how.

Don't now when the new big Firmware-update will be released, but a quick small firmware update with a small number of bug fixes would really be appreciated.

I think that this problem is clear for now and therefore I will not post any future occurrences regarding this problem anymore.

richard.mayo
11.11.2011, 00:38

This is one pretty big corner.....

mdanielse
11.11.2011, 02:07
Yes I agree, but perhaps in Germany the have different corners than in the rest of the world;)

I hope that the are making a magnificent fantastic new firmware with a lot of new and handy functions.
Or the are having massive problems to get it to just work bug free(I really don't hope so)

What ever the reason is, the only thing what we can do for now is wait and pray that the new and improved firmware will be released soon. But at this point in time with the functionality and bug's the Touch has now it is not worth the money, and i know because I have one.
How ever the future potential of the Touch is pretty big, so....................we will see what the next "corner" will bring...........?!

This is one pretty big corner.....

mdanielse
28.12.2011, 13:24
Yes...... finally..... after the Touch firmware update I now can view more than one month of measurementdata in the grapth's. The data does not go corrupt anymore. Good Touch Firmware update....:D

mdanielse
08.01.2012, 04:25
I was happy to soon.........., again the measurementdata in the Touch graph's go corrupt.
This time not after 3 weeks but after about 6 weeks.
So the firmware update made things better, but did not solve the problem...... AGAIN THE DATA IN THE THOUCH GET'S CORRUPTED:(:(

Yesterday everything looked fine, today shit happened again and the measurementdata in the graph's got somehow corrupted, I did not do anything with my Profilux, did not change any settings, nothing.... The only thing I did was appended the measurementdata with PLC5 into my measurementsfile. This is the only thing i did yesterday, nothing else. I do not know if it went bad after this or not. I just yet found out that the Touch data was corrupted again.

please fix this bug, The Profilux3 is stable as a rock..... the Touch however is NOT.

mdanielse
08.01.2012, 04:34
Some more pictures, regarding the corrupted data, not as clear as the Temperature graph, but the pH measurementdata is also not correct, it is also corrupted... just als the Salinity graph.... all the measurementdata from all my probes are corrupted.

I have the most recent firmware on my P3 and Touch, and also the most recent PLC5 version

dr.dotti
09.01.2012, 23:49
For my Touch is the same problem.

How many PAB Devices are connected to your PAB Bus?

In my case I have
1 PL3
2 ExBox with each 1xPLMADIN 1x DALI 1x HymTemp
2 Powerbar PAB
1 Touch

mdanielse
10.01.2012, 01:29
On my Profilux3 I have 2 PAB devices connected, the Touch and a Powerbar.

"Happy" to see that I am not the only one who has this problem, regarding the corrupted measurementdata in the graph's on the Touch(that is...... is you also have the latest firmware on your devices). At first glance it looked like the Touch firmware update solved this problem, but sadly enough it looks like it didn't:(

We just have to wait and see what the response from GHL will be.... are we doing something wrong or is there still a bug in the firmware, or a defective Touch perhaps?

For my Touch is the same problem.

How many PAB Devices are connected to your PAB Bus?

In my case I have
1 PL3
2 ExBox with each 1xPLMADIN 1x DALI 1x HymTemp
2 Powerbar PAB
1 Touch

mdanielse
13.01.2012, 02:04
Any comment and/or advice by GHL would appreciated.
Are you already looking into it, or do I perhaps have a defective unit?

Matthias
17.01.2012, 09:09
it seems the trouble started around the 07.01.2012 - did you change then something in regards to the probes? e.g. adding/removing virtual or real sensors?
maybe the numbering of the sensors changed then?

mdanielse
17.01.2012, 12:19
I am afraid not, nothings has been changed at my configuration, not at hardware level and not at settings level. The only thing i did(and still do) is connect PLC5 to the Profilux and read the measurement data into my measurementfile on my computer. This I do every 2 a 3 day's.
I now have cleared the Touch's memory, and then we will see what happens over 6 weeks.

it seems the trouble started around the 07.01.2012 - did you change then something in regards to the probes? e.g. adding/removing virtual or real sensors?
maybe the numbering of the sensors changed then?

Matthias
18.01.2012, 08:15
hm, this is very weird, the measurment data in the ProfiLux has nothing to do with this

the measurement graphs in my Touch are alle Ok and I have been recording since the last update without a break

how many sensors do you have, what is the measurment interval?

Blahenazo
18.01.2012, 19:20
electrical powerspikes mayby ? that corrupts the data set ?

maybe he is switching high watt HQI ?

mdanielse
18.01.2012, 20:38
Not possible........., all my aquarium equipment is protected against this.
I think we will just have to see and wait is this happens again in the same 6 weeks, and if perhaps there are more people coming forward with this problem. Time will tell.......

electrical powerspikes mayby ? that corrupts the data set ?

maybe he is switching high watt HQI ?

mdanielse
18.01.2012, 21:00
My Sensors:
pH1, Temp1, Conduct1, Conduct2(virtual probe conduct1), pH2(add-on card in profilux)

My Touch settings:

hm, this is very weird, the measurment data in the ProfiLux has nothing to do with this

the measurement graphs in my Touch are alle Ok and I have been recording since the last update without a break

how many sensors do you have, what is the measurment interval?

mdanielse
19.02.2012, 15:45
It has been six week now and sadly enough all the measurement graph's are corrupted again. The problems started yesterday
I have not don anything out of the ordinary that day... haven't even don anything out of the ordinary this whole year. The system has just nicely been running. Really annoying that the graph's on the Touch break down after about 6 weeks:mad:

Even have checked the logfiles on my UPS to see if there were any powerspikes on the net, there were not. And even if there were, than it should not matter because they are filtered out by the UPS and some other hardware, even my computerdatanetwork is protected against this. This just to give you some extra info.

It seems that I am not the only one who has this problem.
Am I doing something wrong?, defective Touch?, Little bug in the firmware?

Please advice................!!

mdanielse
19.02.2012, 15:48
Some more.....:(

Matthias
24.02.2012, 12:01
Hi

I think we add a checksum for measured values in the next Touch firmware release, if any data got corrupted it will be filtered.

mdanielse
25.02.2012, 13:35
Good plan..... looking forward to the next firmware release for the Touch.
I am gonna be polite and not ask you for a release-date :)

You have got a lot of work on the self
-New Touch functionality
-New webinterface
-PLC 6
-And more

Hi

I think we add a checksum for measured values in the next Touch firmware release, if any data got corrupted it will be filtered.

ganesh
25.02.2012, 17:28
-All new Outdoor
-Native iPhone app
-And more

..:o

Matthias
27.02.2012, 16:09
thanks for reminding me ...

mdanielse
30.03.2012, 01:50
Again corrupted measurement data in the Touch, don't seen to get more than 6 or 7 weeks of reliable storage.:mad:
This problem kinda takes the fun out of the Touch, which is otherwise a great piece of equipment.

Hope that you will soon release the new firmware for the touch, with the proposed parity check.
Will a bribe help for a sooner release of the new firmware......:D:D

Matthias
30.03.2012, 07:59
I think this has to do with the change to MEST on Sunday

is the break on Sunday?

mdanielse
30.03.2012, 11:14
Hey Matthias,

I did notice the first data corruption last week, so this was before the automatic time change.
Looks like the time change does not have anything to do with it. The only constant seems to bee that the problem starts after 6 or 7 weeks. Starts with one corrupted graph and spreading to the others within in a few day's and after time passes the graph's become more and more of a mess.

If the corrupted data is just ignored by the Touch the graph's should be fine (I hope :D)

I think this has to do with the change to MEST on Sunday

is the break on Sunday?

mdanielse
02.05.2012, 23:07
I unfortunately am repeating myself.
Measurementdata again corrupted, not nice..........
I prefer a "firmware update" solution, but i am waiting for this a long time now.
The Touch is still under warranty, so is it not a "quicker idea" to swap my Touch for a other one with is less sensitive to data corruption. Or do you have an indication when a checksum firmware solution to this problem will be released?

Hope that this problem will be solved soon, I first mentioned my problem 9 month ago. Please advice on how to correct this problem one way or the other.

Hope that you are not to busy with the preparation for InterZoo 2012, and the nice new product's which you will reveal there.

Regards,
Jack

Matthias
03.05.2012, 08:04
we will continue with our work on the Touch firmware update after Interzoo, there is no spare time at all at the moment, sorry

but I am not sure if this is a data corruption problem, I believe that the ProfiLux was turned off or that the time has been adjusted or something like that

The Touch is still under warranty, so is it not a "quicker idea" to swap my Touch for a other one with is less sensitive to data corruption.
makes no sense, this is not a problem which is specific for your hardware

question: what recording interval did you set in the Touch settings?

mdanielse
03.05.2012, 11:15
Hi Matthias,

My remarks to your remarks:)

The power is/was never interrupted because the Profilux and the Touch are behind a UPS(Smart UPS made by APC). The only time I cut power and reboot everything is when I do a firmware update. The UPS makes log's, not only if the powers goes down but also a lot of other variables, spikes etc etc, so if there are problems with the power the are corrected by the UPS and also recorded in the log's. No power problems where recorded by the UPS
The measurement period of the Touch is 900 seconds.
The one before could have been a time "change problem" but the others and the last one not. I even have disabled the NTP time function, because you also told me this "time change" remark a while back.
Not a single setting has been changed, the only thing i do every few day's is read the measurement values from the Profilux to a file on my personal computer. And every day I use the maintenance buttons on the Touch when I clean my filterbag and my skimmer. Every thing else runs automatic..... and works perfect except the data corruption on the Touch.

Hope that you now have all the information you need to find and correct the data corruption problem.

Have fun at InterZoo, and after it I hope that you will help me and a few others to get rid of this problem.

Regards,
Jack

we will continue with our work on the Touch firmware update after Interzoo, there is no spare time at all at the moment, sorry

but I am not sure if this is a data corruption problem, I believe that the ProfiLux was turned off or that the time has been adjusted or something like that

makes no sense, this is not a problem which is specific for your hardware

question: what recording interval did you set in the Touch settings?

Matthias
03.05.2012, 12:59
ok, will catch this up ASAP

mdanielse
14.07.2012, 19:18
Hi Matthias,

Two months have gone by since your last reply, any news yet?.......
I think my Touch is already out of warranty by now, but has not functioned properly ever.
Is the new firmware for the Touch ever going to be released. Me and a few others are waiting for 11 month now.

Regards,
Jack

Matthias
16.07.2012, 12:43
since it has nothing to do with a warranty you need not to be too concerned

this is still fact

mdanielse
01.01.2013, 15:14
Happy New Year........

But sadly enough my data in the graph's on the Touch is corrupted again.
It is not a random error. I have experimented with it in the last year by using different the measurement periods.
The data in the graph's always go's corrupted when the stored data exceeds +-14000 datapoints.
So this looks like there is a defective memoryposition, and not a software problem.
This also explains why there are only a few people who have this particular problem.
A new Touch would certainly solve my problem, but a datacheck routine in the firmware is probably also an option.

My big question is when are your going to solve this problem, I(and a few other) have this problem with the Touch for more than a year now. How would you feel if you were in my shoes?, or it it me who is being unreasonable or doing something wrong?

With Kind Regards,
Jack

Matthias
03.01.2013, 08:43
as I stated earlier, the reason for this effect is not a bad memory in your ProfiLux Touch

actually the memory has some Megabytes and all data are stored in line, organized in a ring buffer

however, I still had not the chance to "produce" this problem, therefore I want to ask you if we can replace your unit with a new one, because I would like to examine your device with the data stored in it
(I hope the problem still exists and you didn't reset the data yet?)

could you please send us an email to discuss the further details?

mdanielse
03.01.2013, 12:07
I have not reset the data yet , so the corrupted data remains.
Will contact you by mail to arrange the swap of the Touch unit.

Regards,
Jack

mdanielse
18.01.2013, 14:56
Received the replacement Touch yesterday, lets hope that this solves the problem of the corrupted graph's when more than 14000 datapoints are strored. The defective one will be send back today.

One thing immediately fell to my attention, the viewing angle is much worse than the old Touch.
My Touch is mounted at hip hight, and with the old Touch I only had to bend over a little bit to read the Touch. With the new replacement Touch I almost have to sit right infront of it to have a clear view, not really progress.
And what are those two big drips of glue doing on the top the Touch, not a nice sight .

mdanielse
18.01.2013, 15:21
Strange....... The viewing angle is really big the other way around. If I look up (from below) at the Touch the viewing angle is great. But when I look down(from above) at the Touch the viewing angle is really bad, If have to sit almost right infront:mad: of the Touch. Not great because my Touch is mounted at hiphight.

It looks like the internal mountingposition of the screen in the Touch is 180degrees different between my old and the new one.

mdanielse
02.03.2013, 13:59
Hey Matthias,

The replacement Touch is working good, no more corrupted graph's. There are at this moment 16000 measurements stored in the Touch. With the old Touch the data corruption in the graph's started around 14000 datapoints stored. So it looks like there was a problem with my old Touch unit after all. Anyhow......for me the problem was solved when you replaced the faulty Touch unit:)

as I stated earlier, the reason for this effect is not a bad memory in your ProfiLux Touch

actually the memory has some Megabytes and all data are stored in line, organized in a ring buffer

however, I still had not the chance to "produce" this problem, therefore I want to ask you if we can replace your unit with a new one, because I would like to examine your device with the data stored in it
(I hope the problem still exists and you didn't reset the data yet?)

could you please send us an email to discuss the further details?