PDA

View Full Version : Temperature controlled shut down of non dimmable lights

gregknosher
18.07.2011, 17:01
Thank you. I am not exactly clear how to program my Porfilux 3 to automatically shut down my 4 250w DE metal halide lamps.

I have these lamps switching automatically by the Profilux controller by using two, two socket(Profilux), power bar high amp extensions. Each two socket extension has two 250w DE halides plugged into them.

I wish for all four lamps to shut off when temperature reaches 2.0c above nominal temp.

Thanks for the help.

GHL Store
20.07.2011, 10:44
Enable the temp.-dep. light reduction function for each illumination run of your lamps.
Under the menu item temp.-dep. light reduction you can determine the temp. probe which shall be used for this function. Furthermore you can define the shut off limit (2 °C) for the non-dimmable lamps. That's all.

Engin Akkurt
04.05.2013, 21:28
I am able to automatically shut down the lights and the heater but even the temperature in the tank returns nominal degree lights do not turn on again?
Can you help please..

Thank you.
Mustafa

Matthias
07.05.2013, 06:48
read the manual on page 28:

Shut off limit – if the nominal temperature is exceeded by this value, then the non-dimmable lamps are
switched off. You can adjust a value between 1 °C and 10 °C. These lamps are only switched on again if the
programming of the corresponding illumination run defines again a switch –on (lamp was switched off according to
the programming, e.g. at night – and is switched on again, e.g. in the morning). A decrease of temperature itself
doesn’t lead to a new switch-on, this makes especially sense for gas discharge lamps, since they shouldn’t be switched
on and off again all the time. This setting is only relevant for non-dimmable lamps!

Engin Akkurt
30.05.2013, 15:57
read the manual on page 28:

Shut off limit – if the nominal temperature is exceeded by this value, then the non-dimmable lamps are
switched off. You can adjust a value between 1 °C and 10 °C. These lamps are only switched on again if the
programming of the corresponding illumination run defines again a switch –on (lamp was switched off according to
the programming, e.g. at night – and is switched on again, e.g. in the morning). A decrease of temperature itself
doesn’t lead to a new switch-on, this makes especially sense for gas discharge lamps, since they shouldn’t be switched
on and off again all the time. This setting is only relevant for non-dimmable lamps!

THANK YOU A LOT.. Sorry my late response..

Engin Akkurt
30.05.2013, 15:57
Enable the temp.-dep. light reduction function for each illumination run of your lamps.
Under the menu item temp.-dep. light reduction you can determine the temp. probe which shall be used for this function. Furthermore you can define the shut off limit (2 °C) for the non-dimmable lamps. That's all.

THNAK YOU very much..