PDA

View Full Version : help with LEDControl4 Passive (and black python)

StarF
15.07.2011, 15:23
Hi

I am trying to get my pacific sun black python to be controled by my ghl, i have bought the LEDControl 4 passive, with the aquered cable.

HOw ever i cant seem to get it working, i think the problem is somewhere with the LEDControl4 Passive, let me explain how its set up.

L3-4
L5-6

are both connected to the LEDControl4. Then i got Illiniumchannel1 set on all those 4 ports, and full light programmed. This means that all 4 ports are getting 10v. Under the LEDControl4 putton under 1-10v interfaces i set it to "invert output signal".

Now the lamp using doing anything, no matter what i try to program in the illumination channel, and if i take a volt meter, and try to measure on the putput cable, i cant measure anything. Could any one take a few minutes, and tell me if i am supposed to be able to measure anything or not? Becaus this is driving me mad :)

firmware 5.05f using 5.0.7.3 ProfiLuxControl

Matthias
16.07.2011, 08:52
what does this mean?

L3-4
L5-6

StarF
16.07.2011, 10:33
i was refering to the L ports that its connected in.

StarF
21.07.2011, 14:30
So no one knows how to figure out if its:

1: a deffetive led4controler passive that is broken
or
2: my ghl programming
or
3: the lamp itself ?

GHL Support
22.07.2011, 07:04
All of our products are tested before delivering - so I don't think the LEDControl4 is defective.
What is the state of the pacific sun (LEDs are on or off)?

To check the illumination simply go to light scenarios, activate manual illumination and modify the sliders.

Things to check:
The green control LED at your LEDControl4 is on
Illumination channels are assigned to the corresponding 1-10V interfaces (in your case Illumination channel 1 is assigned to 1-10V channel 3 to 6, right?)
The pacific sun is powered (with it's power supply)
The control cable is connected to the correct connector to the pacific sun (there is an additional slave outlet connector at our pacific sun)

StarF
22.07.2011, 13:41
All of our products are tested before delivering - so I don't think the LEDControl4 is defective.
What is the state of the pacific sun (LEDs are on or off)?

The lights are off, i think your right the ledcontrol4 is probaly not the isue, as its has a green light.

Illumination channels are assigned to the corresponding 1-10V interfaces (in your case Illumination channel 1 is assigned to 1-10V channel 3 to 6, right?)

yes, i uncluded a picture, where you can see they are sat up, and they are getting 5,5v (the channel is running in half power)

The pacific sun is powered (with it's power supply)

it is

The control cable is connected to the correct connector to the pacific sun (there is an additional slave outlet connector at our pacific sun)

it is.. so its either my lamp or my software that is set up wrong. looking at the provided screenshots, can you tell me if that looks right to you, and there should be come kind if input to the lamp, based on that? becaus then its probaly the lamp.

tnx for your support!

GHL Support
22.07.2011, 14:17
The software setting seems ok.

My pacific sun have two control ports:
one is the slave output to daisy chain other Pacific Sun lamps, the other is the control input (the correct one for LEDControl4). They have the same connector.

Another thought: the control cable is broken or has a false pinning for this lamp.

Do you have a chance to test the Pacific Sun lamp itself?

StarF
22.07.2011, 14:26
The software setting seems ok.

My pacific sun have two control ports:
one is the slave output to daisy chain other Pacific Sun lamps, the other is the control input (the correct one for LEDControl4). They have the same connector.

Another thought: the control cable is broken or has a false pinning for this lamp.

Do you have a chance to test the Pacific Sun lamp itself?

well there is a little quirk with this, the lamp is a master lamp. But i have remade it to behave like a slave, by disconecting the onboard computer, and connect the output port to the input port. I was told how to do it by pacific sun themself, as i would rater use my ghl, than the onboard computer.

when i reconnect the onboard computer, it works fine. I included a picture of how i did it. THe picture displayes the normal way its connected, i just took the cable going into number 2 (the output slave port), and connect that to the pin where number 1 is. (that is where it gets the signal from the onboard computer)