PDA

View Full Version : GHL doser - tubing for less flow?

Beaviz
13.07.2011, 08:41
I have a GHL P3ex and a 4 unit dosing station.

I would like to use this for dosing vodka to my system. It would however require that I can dose lower doses than 1ml.

Is it possible to change the tubing in the dosing pump for lower dosings?

Does the software support this?

GHL Support
13.07.2011, 13:20
Lower values as 1ml are not supported.
The easiest way is to reduce the concentration with dest. water

Beaviz
13.07.2011, 13:45
Thank you Frank.

I know a couple of other Profilux users that has the same requirement. Maybe you should consider an alternative tube sold seperately that could support this?

If you dilute the vodka too much it might be contaminated with bacteria.

Antipodes
15.07.2011, 06:12
Thank you Frank.

I know a couple of other Profilux users that has the same requirement. Maybe you should consider an alternative tube sold seperately that could support this?

RO/DI water should not have this issue?
I also wish to do this, and I think that one off dilution in to a clean container that is then not opened until empty should not have any problems.

To use a smaller tube you need a smaller pump.
Tube to pump squeeze is designed around a particular tube diameter. Put a small tube in there and it will not squeeze enough to close the tube up to pump the fluid.

Wirus
15.07.2011, 07:36

That may be right, but only if you use contaminated water and put in a lot of it. As Antipodes wrote: With destillated water that should not be a problem.

Regardless of that: All solutions with 16 vol% of alcohol (and above) are absolute safe, even if you use tank water. Alcohol is an disinfectant and it´s toxic for most kind of bacteria if the alcohol percentage is higher than 15 vol.%.

On the other hand: Dosing pure vodka will kill all bacteria around the injection point until the alcohol is dispersed. So it may a good idea, not to use pure vodka but a save dissolution with 15-20 vol.% of alcohol to get best effect.

Beaviz
15.07.2011, 08:21
Thank you very much guys!

I think I will try with a 50/50 mix of vodka and RO/DI water then. :)