PDA

View Full Version : Doser set up

doggydoc10
09.07.2011, 03:15
Please need help!!!! I have read the forum over the past two days...but still cannot get the connection properly.
Trying to connect a slave 4 pump doser to my P3. I have an analog bar. Connected the doser to S5/S8 outlet. How do I go about assigning the socket function?
Please help!!!
Also I connected the electrical plug from the doser INTO the S1 outlet in the analog bar. I have it connected as "always on" Now my question is how do I even start the timers? Do I assign the doser S5, S6, S7, S8 in the socket function?

Matthias
09.07.2011, 09:46
Hi

very simple:

1.) you don't enable "Digital powerbar connected ..."
2.) you plug the control cable of the powerbar into S1S4 and the cable of the doser into S58
3.) now you have this fixed numbering: ProfiLux sockets 1 ... 4 are the 4 sockets of the powerbar, ProfiLux sockets 5 ... 8 are the dosing pumps 1 ... 4
4.) assign functions to the ProfiLux sockets:
- e.g. S1 always on was correct, S1 can now supply the doser
- assign S2 ... S4 for whatever you need
- assign S5 to Timer 1, ... S8 to Timer 4 (you can use other assignments if you want, of course)
- do the settings for timer 1 ... timer 4: select mode and times etc. according to your needs

doggydoc10
09.07.2011, 11:52
Thanks Matthias. Much appreciated. Another question. There are THREE outlets on the back of the doser. One is the for the power cord, the other two are for the connection using a cable. Can I use any of those two? Or is there a specific one to connect it to the P3?
Also I use a regular western connector----phone type of cable---- to connect the doser. Am I correct?
Thanks AGAIN

Matthias
09.07.2011, 16:16
Hi
you can use each one, both ports have the same function. You use the second port when your doser is in a bus-system (this is not the case here).