PDA

View Full Version : power bar control cable broken?

marios
27.06.2011, 10:59
Yesterday I started my new tank. I have two powerbars, one 6D and one analogue. I have the digital connected to S1-S4 and programmed as plugs S9-S14 and the analogue is connected to S5-S8 port. However when I tried to switch on some plug on the analogue bar this does not respond at all. I also checked the same cable with the digital bar and the communication LED does not come on at all. I guess there is something wrong with the cable so I am planning to replace the RJ12 pugs, is there anything I should be looking after?

GHL Store
28.06.2011, 08:16
Have you already checked in our PC software ProfiLuxControl if the sockets work if you activate them manually (under System/socket functions/ activate manual override)?
Have you perhaps activated digital operation for S5S8 by accident?
Since the sockets don't react, have you already assigned the corresponding function to the socket under System/socket functions?

marios
28.06.2011, 10:47
Yes I have tried all of the above. I cannot connect digital to S5S8 as this is a Profilux IIex. As I said I tested the cable with the digital PB as well which works ok otherwise with my other cable. I will try the analogue with the working cable as well and see the results. It is a very remote hypothesis for this cable to have a problem since it is very flexible so I reckon maybe one of the two RJ12 plugs has an issue.

marios
29.06.2011, 06:36
Problem Fixed!

I used a multimeter and checked one of the pins that was looking a bit rusty. This showed no continuity between the two cable sides so I replaced the RJ12 on that side with a new one and magically everything started working again.

marios
26.08.2011, 10:38
I still have problems with this cable. Do you have a product code for a replacement cable?

Matthias
26.08.2011, 16:28
When the plug was rusty it is maybe possible that the socket is also rusty?

This should be solved first.

The cable has no special code because it is not a standard item, just order "western cable RJ12 2m"