PDA

View Full Version : Controlling ATO with reservoir with only 2 sensors

the_rider
15.06.2009, 17:42
Hi,

I recently bought a Profilux Plus II for my new setup and I'm testing it on my current setup and I'm really happy about the software and the possibilities.

On my new setup, I want to be able to top-off my evaporation but I only have 1 port that I will split to be able to use 2 sensors. I was thinking about setting 1 sensor in my reservoir and one in my sump as a max.

Now my concern is that I don't want the reservoir to fill up everytime a little bit of water is use but rather wait for let say 10-20 gallons is used before beginning to fill up. I know there is a delay that I can program but I think is only going up to 600second. Is there a way that I could delay the filling of my reservoir for let say 4 day or even more.

A program that will say if sensor is off delay 4 days before opening the solenoid.

Thanks

Matthias
16.06.2009, 07:16
not in this way, but there is another option:
you can determine a timer which enables ATO only at a certain time

example: adjust a timer for Monday and Thursday 9:00 - 11:00, then the ATO will only be active during these times

is this a solution?

the_rider
16.06.2009, 20:00
Didn't think of that, so if I understand I can set my level sensor of my reservor to timer X and It can only work let say one day a week. Let say I'm putting thursday 9 to 5, so the solenoid can only be open from thursday 9 to 5 and will close when it's full ??

I didn't buy my sensor yet since I did not receive my new tank, sump etc yet

Thank you

Matthias
17.06.2009, 07:19
exactly, the ATO will only be active at certain times