PDA

View Full Version : web connectivity for profilux

samyueru
23.05.2011, 19:09
Hi, I posted a follow up question on a thread, and want to ask some more questions - instead of latching on to that one, I just started this one:

I love my profilux, but want to take more advantage of it's capabilities, specifically, an ability to monitor my tank's params from outside my home, and to get email alerts. The answer I got is below, but some more questions:

Do I need any of the add ons (the network add-on) to make this work?
How would I set it up to send emails?
Can I just run a network cable from the profilux to my router?

Thanks!
Alex

=========================================

Perhaps this will help:

Access to your ProfiLux aquarium computer from the outside...

To access your home net work with connected ProfiLux from the outside, the following conditions have to be fulfilled:

- Active ProfiLux webserver
- Firm domain or IP (e.g. via DynDNS service)
- Forwarding of HTTP-requests (Port 80) in the router to the internet IP-address of your ProfiLux aquarium computer

Proceed as follows:

1.Check the function of the ProfiLux webserver in your local network.
2.Register yourself at a DynDNS service. (e.g. dyndns.org)
3.Install the DNS-activation software of this service.
4.Check the function of the DynDNS service.
5. Define the passwords for the accesss to your ProfiLux (PL Control)
6.Configurate your router in a way that incoming HTTP requests on port 80 are redirected to the IP-address of your ProfiLux aquarium computer. (look at router manual)

Now you can configurate from each web browser worldwide and from each mobile phone with internet your ProfiLux aquarium computer.

P.S. If you have furthermore questions regarding this topic, please open a new thread because it won't fit in "Customer's aquariums and terrariums" anymore - thanks...

mdanielse
23.05.2011, 23:55
Do I need any of the add ons (the network add-on) to make this work?
No, the Profilux3 has the RJ45 network connection all ready build in, the GHL wireless add-on does not work with the webserver. If you have a profilux2 you don't even have a webserver.

How would I set it up to send emails?
You can make the appropriate setting in the ProfiluxControl5 software.
When you put the code from below in your mailsettings than the content in your mail will consist of all the alarms which are happing at this moment in your tank.

ALARM:
$$REPS[10][5]$$
$$ALMS[x]$$
$$REPE$$

Can I just run a network cable from the Profilux to my router?
Yes you can

But all of these answers can be found by the dozen on this forum, just use the forumsearch function......

samyueru
24.05.2011, 08:02
Sounds good, thanks!

doggydoc10
22.06.2011, 11:52
How do I get the email to have info? Like alarms, changes in ph, etc?
I was able to get a test email sent to me, but still cant configure how to include anything on that email?
Thanks again

Wirus
22.06.2011, 12:52
The tokens inside the manual "How to create user defined web pages" (http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/german/download.php?did=270) is also valid for own email (from Profilux computer, not via PLC)

Blahenazo
22.06.2011, 18:28
here you can find mine to start with
http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/showthread.php?3833-Profilux-email-works-no-information-but-how-to-get-the-data-and-alarm-info&highlight=template

Franklin
28.11.2011, 14:43
Can i make use of OpenDNS?

Wirus
28.11.2011, 15:10
Can i make use of OpenDNS?

In general yes (limited), but it makes no sense. Use with your router.

Franklin
28.11.2011, 20:38
How can i access http://192.168.1.70/profilux_lite.html from the outside world. it seems to function from my home network, but can not test it from the outside world.

Wirus
28.11.2011, 23:57
How can i access http://192.168.1.70/profilux_lite.html from the outside world.

Read the manual for your router - port forwarding is the function you have to look for.

Franklin
29.11.2011, 11:11
Hi Wirus

I had that done prior to my mail to you. in the Netgear router i assigned port 80 to the profilux IP address. A created an account on no-ip, so i thought i could use that to get in touch (read stats) from my P3 from another computer (via google browser) outside my home to get access to my P3 and have a look at the standard html from GHL to see what my stats are. nope, no connection, blank page, so now what to do to get on with this. what i hoped for was the GHL login screen to get access to profilux_lite.html. This all seems to work fine if i'm on my laptop at home, but not via another computer elsewhere outside my home. My P3 is directly connected via LAN cable to the Netgear and my laptop via wireless to the netgear -> can you help please

Wirus
29.11.2011, 11:25
If you can see the Profilux inside your net by entering local IP adress, it´s not related to the PL3 itself. You must have done anything wrong with configuration of the port forwarding or with the external IP registration and/or update procedure. Unfortunately I can´t help for that (i have no Netgear router and i don´t know no-ip).

Franklin
29.11.2011, 11:47
can i send you some screen shots tonight so you can check on me

Franklin
29.11.2011, 22:06
hi Wirus,

You´ve been a great help, i´ve rechecked the router settings with http://www.canyouseeme.org/ and figured out that the router actually had a slightly different address. I´ve reset it and ask a friend outside of my network to check on it and indeed it loads the router redirect to P3 and shows the login screen of the HTML file in P3. So all is working ok now!

again many thanks.