PDA

View Full Version : Wishlist for ProfiLux Touch

Matthias
21.05.2011, 09:08
Please feel free to post here you wishes for ProfiLux Touch firmware enhancements.
We can't promise to fulfill all of them, but we try it if it is possible and when the wished feature is reasonable and useful for the majority of the users.
I'll check this thread frequently.

APCP
21.05.2011, 12:05
Hi Matthias

As a first impression just 2 things

Louder beep
Custom background's

Matthias
21.05.2011, 14:46
louder beep - I doubt that this is possible but we will check this
custom background - I knew this one would come

aqua_digital
25.05.2011, 15:01
wireless option for remote locating! Possible addtional accessory to support this would be required. I know this would be a hot seller!

Matthias
25.05.2011, 17:29
but we still need a cable to supply the device with power

aqua_digital
25.05.2011, 17:33
thats not so much of an issue, having a power outlet near by is far less of a restriction than having to hard wire it with an ethernet cable.

Most people have multiple power outlets in their home.

Matthias
25.05.2011, 17:34
It's worth to start thinking about it.

aqua_digital
25.05.2011, 17:37
agreed, this would be a highly marketable accessory futher making GHL even more cutting edge and unique.

APCP
26.05.2011, 01:03
Have you ever tried a homeplug?
I did and it works just fine for me on the Profilux 3, one on the Profilux 3 and one in the wireles router or direct in the laptop
Just a tought.

UK-GHL
01.06.2011, 09:54
Could we have an optional pincode/password (could be the same one as the actual profilux) to control access to the Feeding pause/Water change/settings screen. We would really like to use these in a large retail store environment, but we couldn't risk a customer starting a water change or putting the sytems into maintenance mode etc.

Thanks

Steve

Lalune
01.06.2011, 11:34
Thats an good Idea.
The Code should came After the Start Monitor an Logout by press Return to Start screen. Ans also after an time which you Set pm PLC. Safety first that its doesn't matter of you forgot the Return Button.

I hope you understand cause my english is under all Pic.

Greets Sven

Matthias
02.06.2011, 12:05
+1
I think this is something for 1.02

Coralleida
09.06.2011, 17:04
Some kind of logs:
* Alarms
* PAB error
* Main current. I suppose it's not possible to log when the main went out, but yes when it returned again
* Perhaps how much time have been the sockets on, so it's possible to calculate (more or less of course) the "A" consumed by the system or the amount of liquids used in the dosing pumps
* etc

Thanks

marinfreak
10.06.2011, 04:22
As the Touch is suppose to store 4 Million values, far more the the P3, it would be good to be able for these to be downloaded and saved.

mdanielse
08.08.2011, 12:03
My WishList

-A nice button to see the status of all the sockets.
-A Different settings menu, more like a webinterface, not the primitive P3 menu lookalike which we have at this time.
-Bold letters, to make them a bit more readable
-The DisplayItems on the Touch screen not the same as on Profilux3 display, i want the option to set them independently from each other.
-You have a big memory in the Touch, so store more things in them..... like Alarms, socketstatus, level ATO....and more.
-The possibility to read the Touch memory also to your personal computer.

I only have the Touch for a few day's now, but one thing is already clear....The Touch has not yet released his full potential.

StarF
15.09.2011, 15:03
i dont know if this is already a feature or not, but i would buy it instantly if it could cycle though and show graphs. like first its shows the current readings, then it cycles though all the grapfs of the probes.

Blombadier
23.09.2011, 23:26
Wish List:
-The ability to manually control each individual socket
-A more user friendly approach to the settings
-Logs of Alarms/Socket Function (Downloadable)
-Backgrounds
-Ability to change alarm sound (not sure if this is possible, personal preference is an earth shockingly annoying sound)

Great system so far, I cant wait to recess it in the wall next to the tank!

BIGSHOW
01.10.2011, 21:58
Any idea on when a new firmware with some of these recommendations will be released?

Ant104
14.08.2012, 20:29
Rename the labels!!! Socket 1 = skimmer as a example

richard.mayo
15.08.2012, 07:48
Is there even anymore development on the Touch??? Seems like GHL has just forgotten about it. Shame, as i would like to get a little more out of this, especially considering the price i paid!!!

mdanielse
15.08.2012, 11:41
+1

I have been waiting more than a year for a bug-fix for the "corrupt data" problem (http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/showthread.php?4642-No-measurementdata-in-the-graph-s-anymore...) with the graph's

Some extra basic functionality would also be nice, renaming buttons and your own range for the Y value's in the graph's

The have been busy with the development of some new products, which is a good thing but promising for over a year that a bug in the Touch firmware will be fixed is to long(what ever the reason is) and is getting a bit "rude" at this time.

GazzMan
16.08.2012, 19:41
The ability to program or make adjustments to ones doser.

Gazz

BIGSHOW
13.09.2012, 19:07
Is there even anymore development on the Touch??? Seems like GHL has just forgotten about it. Shame, as i would like to get a little more out of this, especially considering the price i paid!!!

I couldn't agree more. It seems that GHL puts ALL of there focus on ONE product then leaves everything else in the dust. The Touch looked very promising but IMO it is a huge disappointment.

Tell you the truth I was seriously considering the new Mitras LED's, but the lack of care on there other products made me think twice about it. Don't get me wrong I love my Profilux, but GHL as a company has some serious work to do. The Iphone/Android app is another example of something that could of been created 2 years ago, but was not pursued due to a number of excuses (I mean reasons). Who really cares if you can use something else to access your Profilux. The CUSTOMERS wanted an APP!

What about a nice LED strip light? The Simu sticks are completely outdated, provide little supplemental light and are WAY overpriced. How long have these lights been out now? How much longer until GHL decides to upgrade them? Maybe they should of put just a little bit of effort into developing a nice supplemental light vs. all there effort on the mitras LED's

Sorry about the rant, but I don't think I am the only "valued" customer that feels this way.

mdanielse
13.09.2012, 20:41
I own a Simu-L, it works great, i don't see why you think it is outdated. I love the thing. It is a moonlight with some extras, if you use it for this function i don't see the problem.

But yes, I must agree...... the Profilux Touch has not even scratch't its full potential. At this time it is not worth the money. I really don't understand why the do not put some time in it and finish it. I am sure that the sale of the Touch would go up quite op bit.

So please GHL, any response ore perhaps a time table.

(Sorry for the nagging, but i do think that we do have a little point here :rolleyes:)

I couldn't agree more. It seems that GHL puts ALL of there focus on ONE product then leaves everything else in the dust. The Touch looked very promising but IMO it is a huge disappointment.

What about a nice LED strip light? The Simu sticks are completely outdated, provide little supplemental light and are WAY overpriced. How long have these lights been out now? How much longer until GHL decides to upgrade them? Maybe they should of put just a little bit of effort into developing a nice supplemental light vs. all there effort on the mitras LED's

Matthias
14.09.2012, 13:04
Did you realize that we already have firmware version 1.04 for the Touch and that some customer wishes had already been programmed (e.g. manual override of sockets) in the past?

Yes it is true - we are having the focus on the Mitras, currently 3 engineers are working on it. But this is not all we are doing at the moment.

These are the current activities:
- development of our own apps for Android and iPhone
- complete reprogramming of ProfiLuxControl - now GHL Control Center - first release next week (first only for Mitras, then for all GHL products)
- working on ProfiLux firmware 5.15
- working on Touch 1.05
- working on LED light bars and sticks
- working on GHL wireless bridge to connect ProfiLux and Mitras
- improving manuals and support in general

I don't think that it is justified to say that GHL is doing nothing in regards to product development. We only stopped to announce every little step we are doing.

Compare to other companies - how many software or hardware updates do they release per year? How many different technical products do they have?

Please consider that we have limited ressources - we are not Microsoft or Apple - and that we have to decide priorities. We try but we can't make every customer happy - everyone has other wishes.

BigAl07
14.09.2012, 15:49
- complete reprogramming of ProfiLuxControl - now GHL Control Center - first release next week (first only for Mitras, then for all GHL products)
- working on Touch 1.05

That's a VERY exciting list of activities! I see several on there that really catch my eye! That also seems like a LOT of work for you guys.

mdanielse
14.09.2012, 17:31
Thank you for the status report...........

Did you realize that we already have firmware version 1.04 for the Touch and that some customer wishes had already been programmed (e.g. manual override of sockets) in the past?

Yes it is true - we are having the focus on the Mitras, currently 3 engineers are working on it. But this is not all we are doing at the moment.

- working on Touch 1.05

I don't think that it is justified to say that GHL is doing nothing in regards to product development. We only stopped to announce every little step we are doing.

Compare to other companies - how many software or hardware updates do they release per year? How many different technical products do they have?

Please consider that we have limited ressources - we are not Microsoft or Apple - and that we have to decide priorities. We try but we can't make every customer happy - everyone has other wishes.

benner
14.09.2012, 21:01
Thank you for the update as well!! And keep up the good work!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

doggydoc10
15.09.2012, 02:04
That's AWESOME Mathias. Thank you for ALWAYS keeping us updated and listening to customers wishes.

themoose
05.10.2012, 21:36

- working on Touch 1.05

Call me stupid but I can only find Touch 1.03 in the Download area, not the 1.04 you mention?!

benner
06.10.2012, 04:31
I do not see the firmware 1.04 for the touch either..... Where can I find it and what were the changes matthias??

aqua_digital
06.10.2012, 14:02
I think you wiill find just looking at the firmware history this was a simple typo.

benner
07.10.2012, 17:39
Ok so then 1.03 is the latest?

Also, would be nice if it was possible to reset reminders using the touch.....I have all 16 reminders used....is the only way to reset currently by going into the software and unchecking the reminder box?? Kind of a pain just to reset reminders..... Is it possible to reset reminders using the touch in the future?

benner
07.10.2012, 17:41
Oh btw....happy thanksgiving / Columbus day to everyone!!

kirucd
23.10.2012, 21:41
Call me stupid but I can only find Touch 1.03 in the Download area, not the 1.04 you mention?!

+1 in the download area there is no 1.04 for Touchscreen, only 1.03 ...

benner
23.10.2012, 22:18
I think mathias made a mistake...... I think 1.03 is the latest......although this has not been made too clear.....I am running 1.03 because this is the latest I have seen.

aqua_digital
23.10.2012, 22:25
I think you wiill find just looking at the firmware history this was a simple typo.

Rotknee
25.12.2012, 00:25
My wish list for the Profilux Touch:

1. Control of Mitras LED's
2. Ability to label the icons in the Monitor section
3. Ability to re-lablel the feed pause and maintenance icons

I just got this up and running a couple of days ago and I think it is a nice addition. I no longer have to open my cabinet to activate the feed pause feature and or monitor the pH and temps.

BigAl07
25.12.2012, 04:39
My wish list for the Profilux Touch:

1. Control of Mitras LED's
2. Ability to label the icons in the Monitor section
3. Ability to re-lablel the feed pause and maintenance icons

I just got this up and running a couple of days ago and I think it is a nice addition. I no longer have to open my cabinet to activate the feed pause feature and or monitor the pH and temps.

All very good options! FWIW the TOUCH is on my Must-Have list for my next system build. Talk about COOL factor :)

JasonK
15.01.2013, 02:13
I've just Touch'ed my setup and love it! Cant wait to see what new functions will be implemented with any future firmware releases. Next GHL purchase next month is the Mitras, control of the light system through the Touch would be awesome! (Does the lightening (Flash weather storm) function from the Touch work with Mitras at present?)

aqua_digital
15.01.2013, 02:18
Hi Jason,

currently the ProfiLux and Mitras are not connected but GHL are releasing at some point the breakout box for this so these sorts of things I guess will come with it.

leontet
02.03.2013, 14:31
Hello GHL!

From my point of view, the PL Touch is pretty useless as it is now. A brilliant idea, a glamorous look, but almost no functionality at all! In other words, on one hand, if one intends to impress his/her non-technical friends, PT is a wonderful device. On the other hand, if one wants to really take advantage of what a big colour touchscreen could offer, PT is a huge disapointment with its cluttered, frozen and uselessly repetitive screen design.

1. the possibility to change the labels of the various buttons is a must -- as a matter of fact, missing just this feature would render an otherwise perfect device (which unfortunately neither PT, nor PL3 are!) completely unpractical;
2. the possibility to change the buttons themselves -- not only their look, but also their assigned function -- was something I was expecting from a control touchscreen from the very beginning;
3. the possibility to programatically make buttons visible/invisible/dimmed in accordance to the momentary state of the aquatic system and the users' preferences;
4. the possibility to place the buttons in the desired area of the screen (even if just only on an invisible grid) would add lots of logic and order in using the device;
5. the possibility to reset an alarm (if triggered, of course) right from the main screen would avoid lots of touch-and-wait cycles under the pressure of the alarm beeps;
6. automatic increase of the backlighting immediately after the first touch and for 10-15 seconds after the last one would be another useful feature, mainly during the night;
7. the possibility to upload a small personal image to be used as background would certainly be attractive for many users (not for me, as I hate background images on my screens, but who knows...)

I don't usually contribute to such "wish-lists", as I observed in time they are in most of cases just a way to make users believe their opinion matters. It seems the guys and gals at GHL are strongly different (they are Germans after all!), hence my $0.02 in this thread. I hope they're well spent :)

T.

mdanielse
02.03.2013, 20:18
+1

And don't forget the ability to set the range on the Y-axe from the graph's, a temperature pre set range from 0 - 40 degrees is not useful at all, my aquarium is always around 25,26 degrees. Same goes for the pH, and salinity.

If they want GHL can really make the Touch rock, but at this time it is not much more than an infant with little ability's

Hello GHL!

From my point of view, the PL Touch is pretty useless as it is now. A brilliant idea, a glamorous look, but almost no functionality at all! In other words, on one hand, if one intends to impress his/her non-technical friends, PT is a wonderful device. On the other hand, if one wants to really take advantage of what a big colour touchscreen could offer, PT is a huge disapointment with its cluttered, frozen and uselessly repetitive screen design.

1. the possibility to change the labels of the various buttons is a must -- as a matter of fact, missing just this feature would render an otherwise perfect device (which unfortunately neither PT, nor PL3 are!) completely unpractical;
2. the possibility to change the buttons themselves -- not only their look, but also their assigned function -- was something I was expecting from a control touchscreen from the very beginning;
3. the possibility to programatically make buttons visible/invisible/dimmed in accordance to the momentary state of the aquatic system and the users' preferences;
4. the possibility to place the buttons in the desired area of the screen (even if just only on an invisible grid) would add lots of logic and order in using the device;
5. the possibility to reset an alarm (if triggered, of course) right from the main screen would avoid lots of touch-and-wait cycles under the pressure of the alarm beeps;
6. automatic increase of the backlighting immediately after the first touch and for 10-15 seconds after the last one would be another useful feature, mainly during the night;
7. the possibility to upload a small personal image to be used as background would certainly be attractive for many users (not for me, as I hate background images on my screens, but who knows...)

I don't usually contribute to such "wish-lists", as I observed in time they are in most of cases just a way to make users believe their opinion matters. It seems the guys and gals at GHL are strongly different (they are Germans after all!), hence my $0.02 in this thread. I hope they're well spent :)

T.

GazzMan
24.05.2013, 17:49
Is there any news on a update for the touch, iv had it over 1 year and its a very expensive item to turn on feed pause at the moment, that's about all it does.

Gazz

themoose
24.05.2013, 19:37
Sorry to disagree, there is much more to the Touch than just that!!
The only thing missing though (mentioned many times before) is the ability to have labels attached to the Power and Light buttons.

Is there any news on a update for the touch, iv had it over 1 year and its a very expensive item to turn on feed pause at the moment, that's about all it does.

Gazz

mdanielse
27.05.2013, 18:34
Some new functionality/firmware update for the Touch would be nice, has been more than a year.
I bought the Touch on the "promise" that more functionality would be made available in the near future.
In this threat there are a lot of suggestions/wishes for new functionality.
But it seems that there is no further development any more. Perhaps the free GHL-App "killed" the development of the Touch.
It is a pity, because it still has a lot of potential, and I think that sales would go up it the Touch had more functionality.

Matthias
29.05.2013, 09:24
I think we close this thread now.
This thread was thought to collect some new ideas for the Touch for future firmware versions, it was not created to start a general a debate about use and sense of it.
And even worse - obviously this thread was seen as "promises" and now we are told that the Touch has been bought on "promises" - although this here is clearly titled as "wish-list"

The Touch does exactly what it has to do according to the feature list mentioned on our web page:
http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/System__E_/Products/Controller/Computer_accessories/ProfiLux_Touch/profilux_touch.html

Most users are happy with the functionality as it is, however there are always users who would like to see more for their money.

And the app did not "kill" devlopment of Touch or any other product.

So to avoid more confusion and disappointment we close this thread, I think we have enough ideas for future upgrades.

Matthias
29.05.2013, 09:27

Gazz

although the thread is closed I can't leave this uncommented

if you really use only the feedpause button on the Touch you might check out what else the Touch is able to do

e.g.:
- display measurement graph
- manual override of sockets and light
- start maintenance, thunderstorm, waterchange
- remote control of ProfiLux
- display current values and states