PDA

View Full Version : Want to buy controller but I can't

Blahenazo
07.06.2009, 12:26
Hello,

I already want to buy a controller for a few months. (look @ various brande
But I always have the same problem => my Aquarium is 10 meters away from my sump
(The sump is the basement).

1) So I can either put it close to my aquarium but then I will have to hang my probes in my aqaurium.

2) put the controller in the basement but then I can't use the controls to steer my lightening.

Help ?!

PS: Everwhere On the inet I see cool profilux packages ( 6 way plugs, with ex pro 2 , etc.... ) but in Europe you only have the profi-set which is :mad:

Matthias
08.06.2009, 09:27
Hi

as far as I can see the ProfiLux III (coming end of september) will be the correct choice.
There you can split your system into 2 parts: Controller device + device with inputs for probes, both are linked with a bus cable

PS: All sets other than the Profiset are created by the local retailers or wholesalers. Please ask your retailer if he wants to offer you a package.

Blahenazo
08.06.2009, 19:44
So P3 it will be then,if I know that P3 would be solution for my problem.
What would be the best P2 package to start with (because I want to use the launch upgrade deal of the P3 if possible)

But if buy a P2 ex now, There will be no possibility to use the probes connectors in the basement because I assume that EX 2 can't be splitted (even with the P3 extension)

I would like to have a display in the Livingroom + there I need the L interfaces to steer my dimmable T5 / led etc.... The probe interfaces will need to be placed in the basement.

I've seen on the WEB that the P3 will have ethernet so I don't need to invest in that.

Matthias
09.06.2009, 06:59
you are right

then it would be better to get a ProfiLux Plus II (not an eX!) and later you obtain the upgrade Kit and an expansion box

another idea: what about extending the 1-10V-control lines to the Living room?

Blahenazo
09.06.2009, 09:36
Yeah but , 1-10V on a distance of 10 meters will we not get a voltage drop (maybe to low 8V will arrive) and thus not using the full capacity of the T5 lights

Matthias
10.06.2009, 08:00
no, there will not be a significant voltage drop with 10m long cables because there flows only a small current

-> it is possible