PDA

View Full Version : Multiple use of the same LevelSensor possible ??

mdanielse
27.04.2011, 00:28
Hello there......

Have a question regarding the Multiple use of the same level sensor.

I have configured my first and second levelsensor to act as a "Min-Max Control" and as a extra flood protection i have set the "maximum on time" to 2 minutes.
So when the water level falls below the lower levelsensor the "Water 1" signal is activated until the waterlevel has reached the upper levelsensor(this may take no more than 2 minutes). Than the "Water 1" signal stops. I also have a timer on it so that this refill system only works a night.
This all functions great.:D

But i would also like to use the same lower levelsensor as a "run dry protection" for my returnpump. So when the lower levelsensor is "0" I would like it to stop my return pump. I can not use the "Water 1" signal for this because it is only active for a maximum of 2 minutes and only at night.

How can i use the status from the lower levelsensor to also control something else(at the same time) besides the "Min-Max Control". In the programmable Logic I can not select the levelsensors, only the "Water x" signals.
Is there a way..........................??

With Kind Regards,
Jack

mdanielse
28.04.2011, 18:37
No response yet......apparently a difficult question?

mdanielse
03.05.2011, 18:01
Final attempt..... :rolleyes:
Anybody any comment regarding my little question about the levelsensor

Blahenazo
03.05.2011, 19:17
Well I didn't check anything but jugging from your explanation => it seems the problem here is that the signal water 1 is quite useless except for min -max control level (it only gives a usable signal when the socket needs to add water )

floater modes like returnpump or leakage have a more usable signal 0 or 1 if the floater is up or down. and together with the delayed on and some logic you can do some more intresting stuff with either the 0 or 0

do you really need the min -max ? Why don't you use 1 level sensor for ATO ? with the max on time it perfectly save ( it can't add to much water )

mdanielse
04.05.2011, 00:30
With ATO the refillpump is to much active, it makes an irritating sound, and kick's in every +- 30 minutes, If i could set also a minimum on-time than this problem could be avoided.

But from your comments i understand that I can not directly read the status of a level censor and use it, I thought as much, to bad......

do you really need the min -max ? Why don't you use 1 level sensor for ATO ? with the max on time it perfectly save ( it can't add to much water )

Blahenazo
04.05.2011, 18:11
your ATO refill pump kicks in every 30 minutes ??? how much do you evaporate ? or do you have a very small ATO measure volume ?

you can directly read the state if you choose a different operating mode (leakage , returnpump) they are just the inverse of each other I believe.

mdanielse
04.05.2011, 18:29
A small ATO measure volume is the cause that the pump kicks in this much, and than it just runs for a few seconds.

your ATO refill pump kicks in every 30 minutes ??? how much do you evaporate ? or do you have a very small ATO measure volume ?

Blahenazo
04.05.2011, 19:00
ok,

Well I also had that issue before , but I had the possibility to increase the level of the ATO level a couple cm's and I gained alot of extra liters of buffer :)