Matthias
14.04.2011, 16:43
new:
- command line parameters possible
- description text for sensors

and solved viewing problem for timer in mode event start

TheManicFishkeeper
14.04.2011, 19:40
I see in the software you have also included a field for the description "in Profilux", what will this feature be used for?

I would love if this option could be displayed on the Display or View 2 (or Touch) instead of the Probe number..

IE: instead of showing "Ph 2" could show "Ca Reactor Ph"

Also, I LOVE the new command line parameters. Much more convenient being able to open my TCP/IP connection right off the start.

For those of you who don't know how to set a command line option for a program:

- Right click on the shortcut to your Profilux Control Software
- In the "Target" field add your parameter AFTER the quoted line with the exe file in it:

Example:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ProfiLuxControl_V5073\ProfiLuxControl.exe" -TCP/IP

In this example the PLC software will automatically launch the TCPIP connection. Please note, the Parameter is CAPS SENSITIVE if you were to type in -tcp/ip it will not work. It must be in all caps (like it is in the software).

Matthias
15.04.2011, 07:28
Descriptions stored in the ProfiLux 3 will be supported in the next firmware.

lalasfish
15.04.2011, 09:55
Excuse my ignorance But what exactly would we benefit from command line parameters....???

Are we going back to DOS??

Cheers

Christos

Wirus
15.04.2011, 11:19
Excuse my ignorance But what exactly would we benefit from command line parameters....???

For PLC the benefit is to create a shortcut who´s directly able to log in into one of multiple PL computers by giving the connection name. With two or more of that links inside an autostart folder you are able to create a command PC who´s able to boot up/reboot and log in into multiple Profilux computers (different device addresses) without any user interaction (unattended). So it´s able to have a PC running and rebooting with automatic reconnection to the Profilux computers (maybe for PLC mail support or reef status)

If you look behind the horizon, you will find there´s a world with concepts different to the GUI based systems of Windows.

Nearly all programs in the *x based operating systems (Unix, Linux, BSD, MAC OS, ....) are command line based. For most of the programs it´s possible to have a GUI, but in general it´s not necessary. Also it´s possible to have different GUIs or to update the program engine without touching the GUI. This is one of the main differences between Windows and Linux.

BTW: Windows7 has an extended shell for command line, so it´s all other than dead.

TheManicFishkeeper
15.04.2011, 18:44
For PLC the benefit is to create a shortcut who´s directly able to log in into one of multiple PL computers by giving the connection name. With two or more of that links inside an autostart folder you are able to create a command PC who´s able to boot up/reboot and log in into multiple Profilux computers (different device addresses) without any user interaction (unattended). So it´s able to have a PC running and rebooting with automatic reconnection to the Profilux computers (maybe for PLC mail support or reef status)

This is it exactly. Personally I run 2 different Profilux controllers (one over TCP/IP one over RS232), now I have a shortcut with the command line parameter set in each so I can launch an RS232 session simply by running that shortcut, or launch my TCPIP connection from the other.

Its a minor time saver, but saves me time from disconnecting and reconnecting each time I want to make a change on each controller

Blahenazo
15.04.2011, 19:17

Cheers

Christos

lol this made me laugh so hard :)

for my work , I work the whole day on Unix based systems and and only thing we use windows for is for mailing.
But still I can't imagine to do my work on a GUI based machine while it soft can do it but still => cli for the win !!!!! its so much faster then gui

But @ home => windows FTW /me oldskool gamer so no unix for me there.

alot of ppl will be pleased with this.

richard.mayo
16.04.2011, 03:52

This is the best news i have herd this year :)

GO GHL!!!! :)

mdanielse
16.04.2011, 13:24
Yessssssss:D:D........... finally.........perfect..........can't wait until the next firmware update.

Keep up the good work.

ashlight
17.04.2011, 17:50
I also have a stupid question:
Why is it when I do an update I need to calibrate all my 16 electrode?

Matthias
18.04.2011, 08:14
you need not when you saved the sensor data before and reload it after the update

ashlight
18.04.2011, 09:59
I did actually but than it tells you that it's from a different software and won't reload…
Also when upgrading do you also need to disconnect all other units?

Blahenazo
18.04.2011, 19:26
I never had the errors for the sensor data , I did have warnings for the settings.

you do know you need to backup 2 things => settings and sensordata .

but be sure to have your setup to be identical before you reloead the sensor data after your flashed the FW
(I always reset PAB / resassign and then reloead the sensor data )

I do not unplug anything to update the P3 itself but I do use the option to switch powerbars before flashing and I update via serieal / usb convertor.

Remark ; if you want to update a PAB device you can only have 1 pab device connected to the P3

TGreene
19.04.2011, 00:33
With the new 5.07b firmware; I also received errors while uploading Sensor Data and had to abort, my Expansion Box is no longer being recognized, and my Level Alarm is constantly ON.

-Tim

TGreene
19.04.2011, 01:41
It's been so long since I've done a firmware upgrade, that I forgot that I had to re-authorize all of the PAB devices before they were operational. Once I did this, the level alarm went off and I was also able to upload the saved Sensor data. :-)

-Tim