PDA

View Full Version : Setting up metal halide DE 400w with Profilux 3

fabiomicro
27.03.2011, 17:27
I have two Sfiligoi Infinity 48" fixtures which contains 2 x DE 400W MH, 4 x 54W T5, 8 led moonlights. I have the MH connected to Vertex 400W ballasts(4 units). I plugged the 4 ballasts to the Digibar 6D, then programmed each socket as a timer from 10am-5:30 pm. Heres the problem, the MH turn on randomly each day taking from a few minutes to over 30 minutes or even not turning on. Sometimes one MH will not turn on, sometimes one will turn on fast, while the other three will take longer to turn on..even not at the same time. When I connected the ballasts to the outlet directly, they turn on within a couple minutes usually less than 3 minutes. So I would like to know if the Digibar 6d is capable of handling 4x 400w DE MH. Do you think there might be a issue with the Vertex ballasts? Btw..the T5s are dimmable and work like a beauty with the Profilux 3.

Matthias
28.03.2011, 12:02
are the sockets switching correctly as programmed (according to the timer settings)? you can check the switch state with the red LEDs

capability of powerbar: this depends on the current they draw during switching on, the powerbar can drive up to 15A in sum (USA)

fabiomicro
28.03.2011, 15:40
Yes the red LEDs do turn on correct and there is power to all sockets. I might have to purchase a different brand ballast for testing.

Matthias
29.03.2011, 12:16
does it work when only one ballast has to be switched?