PDA

View Full Version : Firmware 5.07 and ProfiLuxControl 5.0.7.0

Matthias
24.03.2011, 11:21
Hi,

from now on the new BETA-Version 5.07 for all ProfiLux-Models and the matching ProfiLuxControl is availabe, and the programmer's guide has been reworked.

We added some really great functions - the update is worth it in any case!

- new operational mode for timers - cyclic switching is possible now, even by a random generator
- webserver optimized (affects ProfiLux 3 only)
- time shift function for illumination run and cloud simulation
- illumination runs can be copied from one channel to another (also time shifted)
- current pumps can be switched off completely during the night decrease
- firmware version of intelligent expansion cards is shown during booting
- built-in sensor inputs of the Expansion Box can be deactivated when they are not needed (with EXB-Firmware 1.05 and higher possible) (affects ProfiLux 3 only)
- inactive illumination channels output 0% brightness
- ProfiLux II Outdoor saves measurement range "salt water" at power cut
- communication over PAB optimized (affects ProfiLux 3 only)

Blahenazo
24.03.2011, 11:48
Hello,

I'm preparing for the update as I type :) (taking config backup )
but your speak of EXB FW 1.05 but in the download section only 1.03 is available ?

http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/english/section.php?sid=8

http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/english/exts/zip.png (http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/english/download.php?did=46)Expansion Box, Version 1.03 (http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/english/download.php?did=46)

27.23 kB
2010-07-28 07:43283

Blahenazo
24.03.2011, 12:37
update:

update was succesfull.
webconsole seems to be working again ( tested with FF 4)

would you like to explain the clouds/timeshift feature ?

Matthias
24.03.2011, 14:37
Hi

the EXB firmware is still in permanent testing, I hope we release it beginning of next week

new functions: please read the new programmers guide ...

Blahenazo
24.03.2011, 14:54
looks like a promising feature !

richard.mayo
25.03.2011, 07:55
So should we go back to PLC5 or will PLC6 still work with the new FW?

Matthias
25.03.2011, 08:13
PLC6 doesn't support the new functions yet

Blahenazo
25.03.2011, 08:59
For me it doesn't rly matter.

I must confess that I still use PLC5 for day to day stuff ,
I only use plc 6 if PLC5 can't do it

I find PLC6 'slow' to work with => slow as gui wise , too many clicks. Don't know why but that how I feel about it.

TheManicFishkeeper
01.04.2011, 05:09
Hi,
- time shift function for illumination run and cloud simulation
- communication over PAB optimized (affects ProfiLux 3 only)

I for one, would like to thank everyone at GHL for these two features right here.

I just set up Time shifting for Cloud simulation across 6 illumination channels (4 Different T5 Colours, and 2 LED colours). The visual effect while subtle, adds a lot of depth to the cloud effect. Instead of the tank simply darkening, there is a subtle colour shift that occurs through the entire cloud effect, very cool.

The PAB optimization also seems to have improved the performance of my Vortech module, the pumps tend to stay synchronized better during rapid wave cycling.

Now we just need the expansion box firmware update to tie all this together!

With all of these changes, and the addition of the LED Control 4 options, this has been a really worthwhile update.

Matthias
01.04.2011, 07:16
Thanks G.,

I also love the new timeshift function. I use 12 illumination channels on my tank now, the cloud simulation is much more realistic now.

We are still doing some last adjustments on the expansion box firmware 1.05 - I hope we can release it very soon.

Andyos
01.04.2011, 07:31
I also love the new timeshift function. I use 12 illumination channels on my tank now, the cloud simulation is much more realistic now.

12 channels, wow! what sort of lighting are you using Matthias T5 or LED or maybe both? It would be nice to see a GHL "staff" tank thread :D I will be changing from halide with Dali dimming T5 to all Dali dimming T5 on my new tank now we have this level of cloud control, regards, Andy

TheManicFishkeeper
01.04.2011, 09:03
Thanks G.,

The way the timeshift function is running now is great for left-to-right cloud cover, but I had a thought... how difficult would it be to also add a way that you could add "padding" to the cloud effect?

Example

Cloud starts:

Cloud runs for 10 seconds on Illumination 1
Cloud runs for 12 seconds on Illumination 2
Cloud runs for 14 seconds on Illumination 3
etc.

For those of us with many different Tube or LED colours this would let you create some less linear colour shifting during clouds...

Just a thought, not sure how complicated that code would be, more complex then time shifting, unless you added a cloud delay on top off the shift...

so Cloud one starts on Illumination 2 (no time shift), but has a delay of 3 seconds at the end of the cloud
cloud starts on Illumination Time shift of 3 seconds, but no end delay

This would allow say, white lights to dim first, and stay dimmed longer then blue lights, instead of the white lights dimming first, then brightening back up before the blues.

Just some thoughts, Im really enjoying this feature a lot

Matthias
01.04.2011, 10:00
this is very complicated and would cause massive changes in the existing code ... I don't think this will be something we can see in the near future

TheManicFishkeeper
01.04.2011, 18:01
Fair enough! The changes as they are now are fantastic though, good job regardless. I spent several hours just watching clouds last night, really do enjoy this effect.

What exactly was optimized for the PAB communication? I'm pretty sure I have seen some performance improvements with my expansion box as well. My expansion box controls 8 variable speed pumps and all of my lighting. The dimming curves appeared to be smoother and the pumps seem to responding faster/smoother as well. Its hard to say for certain but this update was a major improvement for my own rig.

I had also experienced some issues doing Ecosmart firmware updates previously under earlier versions of 5.xx but last night I was able to update 4 ecosmart pumps, and the controller firmware without a single error. Needless to say I was smiling all night.

Thanks again, you have one satisfied customer yet again!

subshop
04.04.2011, 19:44
Matthias, I haven't been on here since i upgraded to PIII, so i don't know if this question has been asked since. With the new PIII and using expansion boxes, can it be possible to have more that one RS232 connection on the system. I ask because I have AI leds on my tank and i would like to set the lights on different time sequences. I have 18 AI units and it would be nice to be able to control different sets of units separately.

Thanks G.,

I also love the new time shift function. I use 12 illumination channels on my tank now, the cloud simulation is much more realistic now.

We are still doing some last adjustments on the expansion box firmware 1.05 - I hope we can release it very soon.

Matthias
05.04.2011, 07:56
Hi

this is not possible yet, but it is on our list. No - there is no time frame at the moment ...

almost
10.04.2011, 20:28
Matthias..
Many thanks for the complete pump shut off during nights & the cyclic timer! :)

Also, would like to say that new clouds are more than fantastic..
You people have gone so far..

Thanks for everything, keep on the good job!

Matthias
14.04.2011, 08:25
Matthias..
Many thanks for the complete pump shut off during nights & the cyclic timer! :)

Also, would like to say that new clouds are more than fantastic..
You people have gone so far..

Thanks for everything, keep on the good job!

Thanks to you and to all the other customers giving us so many ideas! We are working permanently on improving the software - even if it seems to be a little "quiet", most of the work is done behind the scenes. 5.08 is already in work.