PDA

View Full Version : wavebox wave fading using P2 firm 5.06

Himat
21.03.2011, 11:34
hi
HELP
MY brother has a P2ex updated the firmware to 5.06 and software to match

when using the contol program setting for wave box with 1.04 min and max i get a good 1" wave ,haveing saved these settings, move to another selection ie sensor overview the wave fades away, the wave box is still pumping but not no wave created. (wave is created and working only while connected to the control program on the computer)

wave box is connected to L6 using tunze 2 cable

any ideas why this wave box is fadin away

himat

Himat
23.03.2011, 18:19
hi
Matthias

I have raised a ticket for this, realy would like to get this working

Matthias
23.03.2011, 18:21
you are suing PLC 5.0.6.x ?

please post screenshots where we can see you settings of the pumps and the 1-10V-interface

Himat
23.03.2011, 20:47
hi
Matthias
using PLC 5.0.6.0
and firmware 5.06
I have attached a word doc with screen shots of the PLC 1503

The wavbox make waves only when PLC running on pumps page.

wavebox still pumping on off but no wave created without PLC conected

I have tried to go back on older frimware and PLC software but still same problem.

himat

Matthias
24.03.2011, 11:01
so let me get that right:

the pump is changing between low and max speed continously in both cases (when connected with ProfiLuxControl and when not connected)?

but in one case the pulsing produces waves, in the other case there are no waves?

what happens if you set another wave time (test increasing and decreasing) and leave the pump page then?

Himat
24.03.2011, 19:29
[QUOTE=Matthias;23765]so let me get that right:

the pump is changing between low and max speed continously in both cases (when connected with ProfiLuxControl and when not connected)?

but in one case the pulsing produces waves, in the other case there are no waves?

what happens if you set another wave time (test increasing and decreasing) and leave the pump page then?[/QUOTE

hi

Matthias

yes

yes

what happens if you set another wave time (test increasing and decreasing) and leave the pump page then?

i have tried other settings but the waves stop when i move from the pump page.

I have just seen the new firmware 5.07 do i upgrade to this waiting your reply.

himat

Matthias
25.03.2011, 08:18
I must admit I have no explanation for this

my only thought was that the permanent communication through ProfiLuxControl when the pump section is opened causes a slight time delay inside the ProfiLux which affects the wave pattern with a few miliseconds

but when you already tried other times (e.g. between 0.9 and 1.2 seconds, varied in small steps) we can exclude this

Himat
25.03.2011, 22:41
hi Matthias

today I have upgraded the firm ware to 5.07 and PLC 5.07.1

the problem still the same.

i have tried swapping the cables and ports no change

i have reset to factory settings and only set up the wave box still the same.

when I reloaded previously saved setting i got the error message below

ERROR during transmission of "CODE_CURRENT CONTROL-pump1min-1-0"(parameter number 1885)!

ERROR during transmission of "CODE_CURRENT CONTROL-pump1max-1-0"(parameter number 1886)!

ERROR during transmission of "CODE_CURRENT CONTROL-pump1nightvalue-1-0"(parameter number 1887)!

ERROR during transmission of "CODE_CURRENT CONTROL-pump1thundervalue-1-0"(parameter number 1888)!

ERROR during transmission of "CODE_CURRENT CONTROL-pump1mode-1-0"(parameter number 1889)!

ERROR during transmission of "CODE_CURRENT CONTROL-pump1min-2-0"(parameter number 2885)!

ERROR during transmission of "CODE_CURRENT CONTROL-pump1max-2-0"(parameter number 2886)!

ERROR during transmission of "CODE_CURRENT CONTROL-pump1nightvalue-2-0"(parameter number 2887)!

ERROR during transmission of "CODE_CURRENT CONTROL-pump1thundervalue-2-0"(parameter number 2888)!

ERROR during transmission of "CODE_CURRENT CONTROL-pump1mode-2-0"(parameter number 2889)!

ERROR during transmission of "CODE_CURRENT CONTROL-pump1min-3-0"(parameter number 3885)!

ERROR during transmission of "CODE_CURRENT CONTROL-pump1max-3-0"(parameter number 3886)!

ERROR during transmission of "CODE_CURRENT CONTROL-pump1nightvalue-3-0"(parameter number 3887)!

ERROR during transmission of "CODE_CURRENT CONTROL-pump1thundervalue-3-0"(parameter number 3888)!

ERROR during transmission of "CODE_CURRENT CONTROL-pump1mode-3-0"(parameter number 3889)!

himat

Matthias
26.03.2011, 11:50
the pump settings had been changed in 5.05 in order to support more pump groups

but this is not the actual problem

did you try to set the time between 0.8 and 1.3 seconds, varied in small steps?

Himat
26.03.2011, 13:14
hi Matthias

did you try to set the time between 0.8 and 1.3 seconds, varied in small steps?
yes I have

best wave created at 1.03 to 1.06 only while on pump page on PLC

stops when change to another page on PLC

wave also starts when making connection with PLC general page ,stops when moving to other setting page ,and starts when back on general page.
stops when disconnected to PLC.

himat

Matthias
26.03.2011, 17:28
what I meant was this:

did you set a time which is not producting waves when connected? maybe this time would create a wave when not connected ...

I really have problems to produce this situation and to find a solution for this because I have no idea what is happening, it would help me a lot if you could try what I mentioned because I don't have a tank with a wavemaker with the parameters as your tank ha

Himat
26.03.2011, 20:41
hi Matthias

yes i have tried to set a time so not to produce a wave while connected ,i have tried 0.5 and also 2 sec .

Matthias the whole set up was working with firmware 4.07, we had shut down the tank and all equipment for one week, I then installed my spare LAN card and upgraded to new firmware.

this is when this problem started, would the LAN card have any effect on this.

himat

Matthias
28.03.2011, 11:55
these are good hints

does it matter if you are connected over LAN or RS232?

Himat
28.03.2011, 17:30
hi Matthias

does it matter if you are connected over LAN or RS232?

No i have tried both same result

himat

Matthias
29.03.2011, 12:25
ok, I will investigate the output wave pattern with a scope

Matthias
29.03.2011, 16:23
I found some things:

1.) timing is different for pump control when connected or not connected, usually this is not visible, but with short wave times it becomes a problem. I will try to optimize the timing in the next firmware
meanwhile: please set the time to 1.2 ... 1.5 seconds and watch what happens when disconnected

2.) L5 and L6 are slower than L1 ... L4 - a wave with high frequency (with approx 1s) can't be output fast enough -> please use L1 ... L4 for a wavebox

Himat
29.03.2011, 22:47
hi Matthias

I have now set up wavebox to L2.

I have now set the time to 1.2min and 1.4max ,the wave is not made while the PLC on pumps page, now when moving off the wave is made, also when the PLC is disconnected the wave is created.

Please note the wave now without PLC connected or off the pump page, seams to calm down and back up over 30sec (due to the timing differance)

himat

Matthias
30.03.2011, 09:11
ok, for now we found a solution for you, I`ll try to improve the wave output in the next firmware

Himat
30.03.2011, 09:57
HI Matthias

yes

please make the wave box setting one single input for timming the wave

thanks

himat