PDA

View Full Version : couple of on going issues

andestang
12.03.2011, 22:20
Ok I've been having issues with my controller since I've bought this thing and it's down way more than its being used. The couple of the most pressing is the unit would power on & off on its own. This controller has the P3 ex upgrade in it. I had the AC adapter fail awhile back (the power indicator on the original wouldn't even light the green led indicator) so I received a new one (hate it, a cheap universal adapter and doesnt fit in pole plug in properly). This is when the on/off condition seemed to start. Yesterday I managed to get the update 5.06 in it and it seems to be behaving so far. The 2nd pressing issue is I cannot run my analog power bar off the S5-8 port. The switch 1 light on the bar stays on (power at the plug in also on) when the communication cable is plugged in and it won't go into manual override it just stays locked on to s1. If the communication cable is unplugged the light goes out. I've tried to unplug the bar and the controller to reboot them but no change. If I program to use S1-4 the bar functions properly and works with the manual override. I've also tried different communication cables. So this effectively means I have no where to plug in my digital bar, if I understand correctly the analog bar should only be in the S5-8 if you are also using a digital bar which should go into S1-4. Any ideas or help ?

Matthias
13.03.2011, 10:14
Hi

before going into your questions any deeper the power on/off issue must be solved. Until the system is not working correctly it makes no sense at all to continue with the setup.
Of course the described behaviour is NOT NORMAL.

You mentioned you have an upgraded P2 -> It is possible that the update has not made properly, something seems to be wrong and causes an overload of the power suppy.

The only efficient and safe way to solve this: Inspection and repair through GHL or an authorized distributor