PDA

View Full Version : Level Sensor to shut of return pump - How?

Sirhc
01.06.2009, 09:27
I have my return pump connected to S4 and is permanently on.

I have a level sensor in the main display tank and connected to the Profilux Plus II.

What I want to do is that if my overflow blocks for some reason, and the main tank water rises, the level switch should shut off the return pump connected to S4 on my digital 6 x plugbar.

What is the easyest way to accomplish this please?

Chris

siskiou
01.06.2009, 20:28
I'd set that level sensor to "leakage detection" and set an outlet on the powerbar to "Water 1 (2 or 3)" depending on the number of your level sensor. Plug your return pump into the selected outlet.

If I'm reading the manual correctly, when that level gets activated, an alarm will be triggered and the outlet's power shut off. If not activated, that outlet is always on.

Take this all with a grain of salt and double check which manual is right for your firmware, as things may have changed.
All the manuals can be found under "Downloads" here at the forum.

Sirhc
02.06.2009, 18:07
I'd set that level sensor to "leakage detection" and set an outlet on the powerbar to "Water 1 (2 or 3)" depending on the number of your level sensor. Plug your return pump into the selected outlet.

If I'm reading the manual correctly, when that level gets activated, an alarm will be triggered and the outlet's power shut off. If not activated, that outlet is always on.

Take this all with a grain of salt and double check which manual is right for your firmware, as things may have changed.
All the manuals can be found under "Downloads" here at the forum.

Thanks siskiou

I did as you said, and it worked. I tested it and after 5 second delay it shuts off my return pump and alarm sounds.

Now I just need to configure how it can reset it itself after a while, start the return pump again and off course if level rises again over the alarm limit , to shut off again. some loop.

Chris

siskiou
02.06.2009, 23:22
I'm not sure how to accomplish this easily.
There used to be a funktion where you could invert the water level sensor (on when inactive, off when active), but I don't see it in the newer firmwares anymore.
Or maybe I'm overlooking the obvious!
Did you take a good look at the manual?

Sirhc
03.06.2009, 18:01
Hi siskiou, yes I looked at the manual, but the printed one, will see, maybe I can get a later one to download and then I will play and see what I can do.

Matthias
04.06.2009, 05:36
you can use "ATO" but the problem is that the pump is more on than off and this causes the time overdue alarm

solution: deactivate the time monitoring, set the time to 0s

wcho
15.03.2011, 21:57
ok Level Sensor shuts off the return pump and how do you turn off the skimmer pump?

Blahenazo
16.03.2011, 07:03
use a powercord splitter ? ........

or would that be to simple ?

you can always use the same level as input of another socket and connect the skimmer and return pump on there own socket

ps: for the loop thing you can now uwe auto reset for the level switches