PDA

View Full Version : Return Pump,6D powerbar & UPS?

almost
23.02.2011, 12:07
My return pump is connected to the 6D Powerbar of Ghl.

It is connected there, so as to stop when feeding (otherwise plenty of food goes to the sump through the overflow box).

In lack of power, I would like to connect a UPS, so the return Pump continues working.

The problem:
1. If I connect the inlet of the UPS to the 6D powerbar when press ESC the UPS will give power to the return pump. So, no feeding pause.
2. If I connect the inlet of the UPS to the 220V and all the 6D powerbar to the UPS (the shuco of the 6D), then all 6 jacks of the powerbar will have power after power failure. That means I need an extremely big UPS (& expensive) since the heater only is 500W (the return pump is 85W).

Any idea were/how to connect UPS?

(Profi 3ex, dosing pumps etc would also be on the UPS to protect them from Voltage range)

almost
10.03.2011, 08:41
Can I use PL-0068 (LF-ABOX) to control return pump? Can I programm the PL-0068 like a powerbar? (Filter stop etc)

If I could, I can connect the jack of the return pump to the LF-ABOX and the LF-ABOX itself to a UPS. That way, I will have solve the problem of using a small UPS.

Matthias
10.03.2011, 09:08
the LF-ABOX has to be connected to the L-port

I wonder which function you want to assign to the corresponding 1-10V interface

almost
10.03.2011, 09:44
That means I can't..

So, I just order another powerbar (PAB) and I am going to split the loads to the 2 powerbars, leave the return and small loads to the one that it will be connected to the UPS.

Better to invest in GHL than to spent in UPS. ;)

akatar
17.03.2011, 19:47
you can use a 220v relais.
the pab turns the 220v relais on, and the relais switch your heater on. without using your ups