PDA

View Full Version : Identification protocol between digital PAB and Profilux 2 EX

Alfonso
11.02.2011, 19:05
After an unwilled cable disconnection between Profilux 2 EX and digital PAB I was not able anymore to re estabilish the connection between the 2 units please help me in remind me what to do.
Thank you.

boboxx
11.02.2011, 19:54
hmm well to start there is not way you can connect a PAD power bar to a PII (even the EX) as it used a RJ-45 connetor that is bigger then the RJ-11 the regular Digital powerbar was using.

If you are indead talking about a regular Digital Powerbar, make sure teh "Digital communication" is turned on on the port you are using (S1-S4 or S5-S8)

Alfonso
11.02.2011, 23:22
Hi Boboxx and thank you for your reply.The PAB in use is the Powerbar6D-D-Pab code PL0659 linked to Profilux3 EX (sorry before I wrtitten 2 EX but is 3 EX) via PAB cable code PL0683.
Now after the PAB was disconnected from the Profilux after reconnected the Profilux doesnt recognize anymore the PAB and I dont remember the necessary setting in the Profilux display to let recognize again the PAB linked.

boboxx
12.02.2011, 03:17
go on the profilux

System > Configure PAB > Pab System Reset > save

System > Configure PAB > Assign Device > Make sure you see a X in each of the PAB device and Save

Alfonso
12.02.2011, 10:03
Thank you I try!!!

Matthias
12.02.2011, 14:05
a disconnection will not make the ProfiLux 3 to "forget" the previously connected PAB-device

after connecting the device again it will start working as before automatically

so I assume that:
a) the physical connection is still not OK
b) you changed settings

Alfonso
18.03.2011, 12:50
Hello,

I received theProfilux and PAB after inspection and repair but unfortunely again the Profilux seem to do not feel the PAB.

As suggested in the forum I madethe Pab System Reset but later when I was to Assign Device the in the Profilux display appear No Device Found.

Did you check that the physical connection was ok?

What I have to do?

Please let me know thank you!

Matthias
23.03.2011, 18:39
has been solved meanwhile: customer plugged the PAB plug into the LAN socket