PDA

View Full Version : What do I order?

MAKDENTAL
04.02.2011, 10:27
Hi I’m confused with what to order,
I want to monitor /measure, pH, Redox, Salinity:
I also want to control Tank temperature, & Dedicated fish room ambient temperature/ humidity (possibly to switch an external fish room vent fan) if I connect to a plug bar?
And so I will have the following probes: PL-0071, PL-0093, PL-0054 PL-0094, PL-0279 and their respective calibration solutions
I will want to control the timing and power of two Tunze Turbelle in tank pumps and so will need the following cables and splitter: Tunze Kit (includes tunze cables 1&2 with splitter) not sure of order code no I’m guessing PL-0087,Pl-0088 & YL1-2 splitter –please tell!
So far fairly easy!
I also want to be able to stop my main system Eheim return pump (from sump) when the above Tunze pumps are in “feeding mode” what type of plug bar will that plug into? I presume it then needs adding to the programming for feeding ? will that be easy to do?
I have some TMC Aquaray lighting: 3 1500XG tiles and 2 twin Aqua-strip 600’s I will want to dim and time them for sunrise and lunar mode if possible?
I gather that I will need to put a LEDControl-1 between each light and power module, so I will need 4 of these for the 2x twin strips, However the max rating for this GHL item is 700mA at 20V and somewhere I read on a forum it mentioned I would need 2 for each 1000 tile. Please correct me if I’m wrong as the XG1500 tiles are half as much again? and so do they need 3 GHL modules each making a total of 9 plus 4 (for the strips)? How are these connected? It’s important that the tiles are fully powered to get maximum punch/PAR! These items will need power bars digital or analogue? What’s the difference? How many of each will I need?

To future proof I will want the ability to connect later “4” dosing pump, possible a sump LED light, possible GHL storm LEDs and so will need enough sockets for this possibly more Tunze Turbelle pumps !

Obviously a profilux 3 ex based system with a special offer variant - which one ? what how many power bars? Do pumps/ lights that are GHL controlled via special cable need mains power from a power bar or will any socket do?

Lots of questions but difficult to find information that is not confusing!

With all this in mind can you list the order code numbers for me showing the power bars needed and what extras I may need if go for the future bits as well?

Mike

Matthias
05.02.2011, 17:13
where are you from? the distributors offer different packs

MAKDENTAL
05.02.2011, 19:02
I'm from Manchester Northwest England. Can you reccomend both a local supplier?

UK-GHL
08.02.2011, 12:29
Hi Mike,

I have replied through a couple of our retailers who forwarded your emails to me, I'll copy my reply below with my answers indicated by >>

A list of all the UK retailers can be found here : http://www.ghl-profilux.co.uk/acatalog/Retailers.html

I would think Bursough would be geographically closest, but all would be able to supply what you require.

If you could come back with some of the questions raised, I could then give you the full parts list.

Cheers

Steve
GHL Profilux (UK) / Reefdreams

==============================

I’m confused with what to order,
I want to monitor /measure, pH, Redox, Salinity:

>>You will need the Profilux 3 EX

I also want to control Tank temperature, & Dedicated fish room ambient temperature/ humidity (possibly to switch an external fish room vent fan) if I connect to a plug bar?

>>You will require GHL-Profilux Temp & Humidity Dual Probe Expansion Card (Catalogue Code: PL-0278) and GHL-Profilux Humidity-Temperature Sensor (Catalogue Code: PL-0279) for this, you can then control a socket on a plugbar for fans/extraction.

And so I will have the following probes: PL-0071, PL-0093, PL-0054 PL-0094, PL-0279 and their respective calibration solutions I will want to control the timing and power of two Tunze Turbelle in tank pumps and so will need the following cables and splitter: Tunze Kit (includes tunze cables 1&2 with splitter) not sure of order code no I’m guessing PL-0087,Pl-0088 & YL1-2 splitter –please tell!
So far fairly easy!

>>You can just order the ProfiluxTunzeKit which contains all those parts.

I also want to be able to stop my system Eheim return pump (from sump) when the above Tunze pumps are in “feeding mode” what type of plug bar will that plug into? I presume it then needs adding to the programming for feeding ? will that be easy to do?

>> Yes, you can simply add the socket for the eheim filter to the feeding pause, very easy to do.

I have some TMC Aquaray lighting: 3 1500XG tiles and 2 twin Aqua-strip 600’s I will want to dim and time them for sunrise and lunar mode if possible?

>>Yes, This is possible

I gather that I will need to put a LEDControl-1 between each light and power module, so I will need 4 of these for the 2x twin strips, However the max rating for this GHL item is 700mA at 20V and somewhere I read on a forum it mentioned I would need 2 for each 1000 tile. Please correct me if I’m wrong as the XG tiles are half as much again? and so do they need 3 GHL modules each making a total of 9 plus 4 (for the strips)? How are these connected? It’s important that the tiles are fully powered to get maximum punch/PAR! These items will need power bars digital or analogue? What’s the difference? How many of each will I need?

>>>The power to the LEDS is still supplied by the original TMC power supply, this device simply sits between the original power supply and the tile/strip. You will require 2 per tile and 2 per twin strip that you wish to control. each low voltage of which there are 3 on the PRofilux 3 EX can run 2 Led-control-1 modules independently, you can use splitter cables to run more than this synchronously.

To future proof I will want the ability to connect later “4”dosing pump, possible a sump LED light, possible GHL storm LEDs and so will need enough sockets for this possibly more Tunze Turbelle pumps !
The dosing pump, tunze stream pumps and GHL storm Leds will not require a Profilux powerbar socket and can be plugged either directly to mains or into the rear of the unit, with just the control signal coming from the Profilux

Obviously a profilux 3 ex based system with a special offer variant - which one ? what how many power bars? Do pumps/ lights that are GHL controlled via special cable need mains power from a power bar or will any socket do?

>>As above, you will just need items like, the eheim filter, heater fans etc connected to the powerbars.

Lots of questions but difficult to find information that is not confusing!
With all this in mind can you list the order code numbers for me showing the power bars needed and what extras I may need if go for the future bits as well?

>>We would need to know what other equipment you have connected to the system to be able to tell how many power bars you will need. We would also need to know the size of your tank etc to advise on the quantity of Simulation Leds required.