PDA

View Full Version : Current Draw Reporting With Powerbar6D PAB

Shadoww
27.01.2011, 17:07
I am not sure if this was covered, is there a way to use the current draw reporting feature to control activities on the P3? So for instance the main pump is plugged into the PAB power bar and it starts to get "dirty" with deposits, as it gets more deposits the pump has to work harder resulting in more current draw. When the P3 registers a certain treshold for current draw it turns off the main pump and sends a notice that the pump needs to be cleaned. There could be other uses for this, but this is just a simple example.

Wirus
27.01.2011, 17:17
I am not sure if this was covered,

It is, if you have actual firmware for the PL3 and the Powerbar 6D PAB and at least Profilux Control 5.0.4

From Firmware history (http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads/Firmwarehistory_ENG.txt):

Version 5.05
- new
- ProfiLux reads the currents in a Powerbar-PAB, ProfiLuxControl is able to display them (affects ProfiLux 3 only)

Shadoww
27.01.2011, 17:29
Well I saw that part about being able to display the current draw with the new firmware but that does not really answer the question. Can that information be used to control other functions, like turning off an outlet when the current draw gets to a certain level?

Wirus
27.01.2011, 17:52
Can that information be used to control other functions, like turning off an outlet when the current draw gets to a certain level?
That´s why it´s implemented, I think :cool:

You have to use the logic function blocks to use the returned values. I thought it is quite obvious.

boboxx
27.01.2011, 21:53
It's not, it only display it

Wirus
27.01.2011, 22:20
It's not, it only display it

Ups .... so i mismatched the planned and real existing functions. I don´t have a PAB device yet (waiting on cap rail mounted version) so I thougth logic was already implemented ... sorry for the wrong answer!

Shadoww
27.01.2011, 23:13
Anyone have any idea if it is actually going to be implemented in future firmware upgrades? Mathias???