View Full Version : filter jumps into mode "auto-off" intermediately

akatar
25.01.2011, 12:16
matthias,

i installed 5.0.5.4, the status switches between normal and normal aut

Matthias
25.01.2011, 14:15
do you mean "normal auto off"? maybe the last chars are truncated

I just changed PLC 5.0.5.4 and increased the size of the status box - please install the updated PLC in order to get the full text

akatar
25.01.2011, 15:40
it now reads: normal auto off (and sometimes: normal)

Matthias
25.01.2011, 17:44
"auto off" means that your filter is not able to produce the desired flow -> actual flow is lower, maybe the filter needs to be cleaned or the hoses are too long, too thin or too dirty etc.

could you reduce the flow percentage significantly? does the "auto off" disappear?

akatar
25.01.2011, 20:00
i reduce the flow to 10%. so far it looks good.
but what you say is that when the setup is bigger then the actual flow, the p3 loses control over the eheim.
that's not good

akatar
25.01.2011, 23:58
status is unkown, that's ok. but not losing control!!

Matthias
26.01.2011, 08:33
we should not lose the control over the EHEIM filter in this case, because our EHEIM-Controller continues to send messages
maybe the EHEIM-filter denies to accept the commands when the status is "unknown"
-> we will discuss this directly with EHEIM

for the next ProfiLux firmware we made a change in the display - the flow is also shown in mode "auto off" instead of "***"

GHL Support
26.01.2011, 10:17
The real state is known by the EHEIM-Controller and by the ProfiLux, but all states except normal are displayed as ***

Only if the filter is calibrating, there are no commands allowed. And only in this case the EHEIM-Controller sends no commands to the filter.

akatar
26.01.2011, 10:28
when settings are to high, i can not change them because the filter is ignoring the command.
and we sent a lot of mails regarding this poblem.
when choosing feeding pause (pump must go to 1%) and status is unkown. pump goes to 1% and 2 seconds later to full speed (1 led on, 2 secs later all leds on)

GHL Support
26.01.2011, 11:41
@akatar

We can't reproduce this problem here. We have tested this on our EHEIM filter and there is no problem with the AutoOff...

I've forced our filter into AutoOff by setting no waves at 100% until the ProfiLux reported ***. Then I've activated sine waves again (range 1%..100%, 60s) and there was no problem.

akatar
26.01.2011, 13:16
@akatar

We can't reproduce this problem here. We have tested this on our EHEIM filter and there is no problem with the AutoOff...

I've forced our filter into AutoOff by setting no waves at 100% until the ProfiLux reported ***. Then I've activated sine waves again (range 1%..100%, 60s) and there was no problem.

like i said i offerd you to sent you my eheim pomp so you can test all you want.
my pump is runing at 30% and it's working. when i raise it to 50% the pump goes into auto off and will not respond to "go to 30%"
that will takes some time, (power off and power on will help).

i guess it was a waste of money to pre-order and buy the eheim controller.
i will go back to off/on with feeding pause

thanks for youre time.

GHL Support
26.01.2011, 15:20
@akatar
Sorry, but I don't understand your post.

Do you need to remove the power of the filter to get out of this mode?
I'm sure you don't forgot to save the changed flow value at PLC.
Are you sure the filter isn't running in calibration (green LEDs running up and down on the filter) after you set the Filter to 50%?
If a constant flow (no waves) set up for the EHEIM the flow is only transmitted every minute - if the flow was not changed.