PDA

View Full Version : Dosing Unit got Crazy-Spoiled-Deffective?

almost
18.01.2011, 09:24
Using 2 Dosing Units with 4 pumps each.
The S cable of the 2nd is connected to the free S Port of the first.
One Dosing Unit is working great the other till yesterday.

From yesterday:
Green Led: ON
Yellow Led: ON

&

The first pump continiusly working- it stuck (red Led always ON).

If I press any of the other 3 buttons no pump reacts, no Red Led goes On.

Is I go to PLC/ socket functions/activate manual override and activate any of the other 3 pumps, no Led goes On, no pump goes On.

If I try to deactivate the first pump in PLC, I see it OFF but it is stuck ON (Led On).

Unplug & Plug again to S port (of the 1st Dosing unit,yellow Led went Off and On) unplug from the power & the S port and plug again, reprogram the numbering, nothing change.

The fisrt pump stucks On the others do not work.

Please advive what to do, it is critical for my system.

PS. You know Merphy rules, in the first pump that got stuck my nitrite filter was connected and my tank went up to nitate..

GHL Support
18.01.2011, 13:58
So it is the second pump unit connected to the first which doesn't work?
Do you have already connected the second unit directly to the S-Port without the first one?
Do you have tried another S-Port? Have you swapped the connection cables of the units?
If this all doesn't help, then your pump unit has propably a hardware defect (perhaps fluid got into it?).
Then please contact your retailer that the unit is sent back to us for an examination.

almost
18.01.2011, 16:22
So it is the second pump unit connected to the first which doesn't work? Yes
Do you have already connected the second unit directly to the S-Port without the first one? 1
Do you have tried another S-Port? 2
Have you swapped the connection cables of the units? 3 Yes
If this all doesn't help, then your pump unit has propably a hardware defect (perhaps fluid got into it?). It is dusty outside, don't know how it can be wet indide.Then please contact your retailer that the unit is sent back to us for an examination.

Question 1, question 2 and question 3 is the same.
"Have you swapped the connection cables of the units? "means if I tried the faulty unit in the S port of the good one, means "Do you have tried another S-Port?" (since obviously are not assign to the same S ports in Profi3ex) which is question 2 and since the first unit is directly connected to the Pro3ex means "Do you have already connected the second unit directly to the S-Port without the first one? " which is question 1.

I am sending email to my retailer now to arrange the return. That means for at least 3 weeks I will have to manual add vitamins and do not operate the nitrareductor filter so as not increase by the wrong use the nitrates. :mad:

Its a petty a 280€ to give up after 3 months of full work and after 10 months of buying (the first 4 months was not connected at all, since I was waiting to be able to connect it through expansion box and after that the next 3 months only the first pump was connected).

Can I open the unit to see if there is any water corruption or that will put me out of the warranty?
(I have open the expansion boxs several times to add cards).
Because I feel that there isn’t any.

GHL Support
19.01.2011, 11:44
Yes, you can open the dosing unit to look into it without losing the warranty.

almost
20.01.2011, 18:40
Should I also send you the 12V Power Supply?

GHL Support
21.01.2011, 08:06
Yes, please Dosing Unit incl. power supply.

GHL Support
02.02.2011, 15:01
Hello,
we have received your dosing unit and have checked it. Further information you will receive directly from your retailer.