PDA

View Full Version : Yet another upgrade question...

-Scott-
11.01.2011, 04:55
I have a PIIEx. When I send it in for the upgrade to the PIII does it upgrade to a PII or a PIIEx or what? I know Im gaining options in the upgrade but am I going to lose anything? What is the description referring to in this link when it says HARDWARE EXPANSION BOX? http://ghl-direct.com/proddetail.php?prod=PL3-4095 Is my upgraded controller going to come with an expansion box?

Sorry if the questions have been answered elsewhere but I never know where to look, support for this thing is spread all over the net right now. Im kinda glad you guys put your foot down and said its all gonna be done here now.

Wirus
11.01.2011, 07:36
does it upgrade to a PII or a PIIEx or what?
To a PL3ex - the build-in ex-board is re-used

but am I going to lose anything?
Yes. PL3/PL3ex only has two expansion slots (the third one is used by USB/LAN card)

What is the description referring to in this link when it says HARDWARE EXPANSION BOX?
To an additional HARDWARE EXPANSION BOX which is possible to connect to all PL3/PL3ex (and only PL3!) via the now build-in PAB bus. It´s able to expand the PL3/PL3ex

Is my upgraded controller going to come with an expansion box?
That may depend on your dealer´s offer, but in general the HARDWARE EXPANSION BOX is a separate part, independent from the upgrade kit
The cost for a HARDWARE EXPANSION BOX is normally highter than the upgrade kit - and it only works with PL3/PL3ex

-Scott-
11.01.2011, 16:36
Thank you for the quick and, most importantly, accurate response.