PDA

View Full Version : Synch. Sound with Thunderstorms from the Simu-L

Chinaexpat
07.01.2011, 16:45
Has anyone come up with a way to do this?

boboxx
07.01.2011, 16:49
just assign the socket for the payer to thunder/thunderstorm

Chinaexpat
08.01.2011, 15:35
I have had my PF3 one week so excuse me if I am asking stupid questions!

I think you are proposing that I hook up a DVD player to a power bar via a socket switch and have it come on at the same time as the thunderstorms are set. But what if the thunderstorms are random?

I have the SimuL in L1L2, is this the only port it works in and does the system look for it there if you program thunderstorms?

GHL Support
08.01.2011, 15:43
If you set the socket with the thunderstorm sound module to the function "thunder", then each time a thunderstorm is generated (by random or at set times doesn`t matter), the socket will be switched on for a certain time.
You can connect the Simu-L to any L-port (exception: on an extension card with L-ports the thunder function won`t work). You don`t have to "tell" the thunderstorm simulaton where the LED is connected, this will work although. You just have to assign the 1-10V-interfaces concerning the blue and red LEDs. The flash signals are other signals.

Chinaexpat
08.01.2011, 16:59
so i think you are saying that I need a power bar (that I can plug in a DVD player into) and assign a socket that switches on when there is a thunderstorm. Is that correct?

I think I have set up the SimuL setup correctly, will find out tomorrow when it tries to run the thunder. Moonlight looks OK for now.

I have a DIY Led system and I notice that even when the PF3 shows 0% the LED's are still on any ideas?
Thanks,

GHL Support
09.01.2011, 09:30
so i think you are saying that I need a power bar (that I can plug in a DVD player into) and assign a socket that switches on when there is a thunderstorm. Is that correct?
Yes, correct.

I have a DIY Led system and I notice that even when the PF3 shows 0% the LED's are still on any ideas?
Are the Meanwell drivers for the LEDs connected via LBF-AP to the ProfiLux? Please note that the LBF-AP has no internal shut-off included. You could plug the power supply of the LEDs into a powerbar for a complete shut-off (at night).

Chinaexpat
10.01.2011, 05:15
Thank you Caroline.
My Meanwell drivers are connected via a LBF-AP so I have contacted Lluis in Spain to order a Profilux 6 Way Digital Power Bar (PAB). I will need this for a sound setup anyway.