PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: Profilux Plus II keeps resetting itself

Curvball
28.12.2010, 19:29
Hi all,

Couldn't find the best place to put this post, so decided here would have to do.

Recently, over the last few months, my Profilux has been resetting itself. Now what I mean is that the plugbar just reverts to some odd settings - it ignores everything that has been set, this includes the 3 dosing pumps connected via the plugbar (set to S7, S8, S9).

Profilux details are as follows:
Profilux Plus II with digital 6 plug bar
Version 4.08
Profilux Dosing pumps x 3 (running on S7, S8 and S9).

My setup is as follows for the plug bar/dosing pumps:
S1 - Main circulation/sump return - always on
S2 - Skimmer pump - always on
S3 - Cooling fans - always off (set this way due to cooler months)
S4 - Illumination 3 - 2 x LED strips -
S5 - Heater - Temperature 1 Heater
S6 - Timer 1 - ATI T5 power module cooling fans
(dosing pumps)
S7 - Auto top off pump - Water 1
S8 - Dosing pump 1 (CA)
S9 - Dosing pump 2 (Alk)

The unit and plugbar are around 2 years old now - this issue has been occuring at night/early hours of the morning, however today it reset while I was out during the day. The electricity is never shut off - and have thought that a power dip/surge might have been the cause, however, I added a digital clock which resets after a dip/surge to test, and this has never reset - so I'm ruling out the dip/surge that could be resetting the GHL.

Please can I get some help - right now my small tank is battling a massive ALK (7dKH to 17dKH!) spike thanks to the GHL resetting and turning S9 on and basically emptying my ALK mix into the tank. Then to top it all off, sometime during the course of the day it reset again and well, cooling fans were running and there was no heating, causing a lovely temperature drop from 26C down to 22C. So, if my acropora's make it through this, then I'll laugh. Currently doing water changes to help drop the dKH.

Anybody ever experienced this? Is there a fix? What must I do? Please, I rely on the GHL to keep my 100litres of reef stable, and right now it's just causing more issues than it's worth.

Curvball
29.12.2010, 02:18
FYI, I've updated to firmware 5.04 now, unplugged everything, inspected it all and reinstalled all my components. Lets see if my tank is still running when I get up in the morning (all balling lite containers have been removed - just in case...)

Matthias
30.12.2010, 15:16
maybe the PSU is defective

-> you should replace it