PDA

View Full Version : Connecting Giesemann Matrix plus to Profilux II Light

clarkii
28.12.2010, 14:51
Dear support, I am thinking to buy Giesemann's Matrix plus (with LED + 3 pairs of T5 tubes with dimmable ballast (GHL ready)). Currently I own Profilux II Light & ProfiluxSimu LED spot light. What extra GHL cable/splitter should I need to buy to connect the 3 dimmable ballasts from the Giesemann light + ProfiluxSimu LED spot light to the 1-10V interfaces on the Profilux II Light? Thanks in advance, Raymond

GHL Support
28.12.2010, 15:16
You can connect the ProfiLux Simu Spot directly to one of the L-ports of the ProfiLux Light. The other port could be used for the Giesemann lamp. As you mentioned that the lamp is "GHL ready", there should already be a fitting plug so that you can connect it directly to the L-port.

clarkii
29.12.2010, 15:38
You can connect the ProfiLux Simu Spot directly to one of the L-ports of the ProfiLux Light. The other port could be used for the Giesemann lamp. As you mentioned that the lamp is "GHL ready", there should already be a fitting plug so that you can connect it directly to the L-port.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. The Giesemann Matrix Plus light set will come with 3 pairs of dimmable T5HO tubes, each pair can be dimmed independent of the other two pairs, will it come with just 1 fitting plug or 3 plugs? Thanks, Raymond

GHL Support
03.01.2011, 13:16
I think it will rather be more than one plug - but this is a question that only Giesemann can answer you exactly. Please contact them for further details.

clarkii
20.01.2011, 05:01
Hi Carolin, checked that the Giesemann Matrix Plus will come with 3 cables with plugs for the 3 dimmable pairs of T5HO tubes. So I am going to have 1 plug from Profilux Simu spot and 3 plugs from the Giesemann light while there is only 2 connectors on my Prolifux II Light. Will I need to buy the GHL Active Splitter or any accessories to support the connectivity? Thanks again, Raymond

GHL Support
20.01.2011, 16:03
Hello,
yes, the only possibility is to take indeed the Active-L-Splitter in order to connect the 3 pairs to one L-port.

clarkii
20.01.2011, 16:29
Hello, thanks for quick reply, may I further confirm that after adding Active-L-Splitter, the Prolifux II Light will be able to recognize the 4 dimmable units (1 Sun+Moon, 3 pairs of T5HO tubes) and I can program them independently via the control unit itself or the Prolifux software?

Thanks, Raymond

GHL Support
21.01.2011, 08:12
Yes, the ProfiLux II Light will recognize all the lamps. The computer provides four 1-10V-interfaces, i.e. 4 independently controllable dim channels (L1L2 and L3L4).
ProfiLux Simu will need for example L1L2 (one channel for blue and one for red LEDs), then you will have (through the Active-L-Splitter) 4x L3L4 available.
I am not definitely sure about this but assume that the 3 cables for the T5 tubes (if they dim the tubes in pairs) will react either to L3 or L4.
So they will all react the same and can't be dimmed separately.

clarkii
01.03.2011, 17:13
Hello, I received the Giesemann Matrix Plus light with 3 pairs of dimmable T5 using EVG dimmable ballasts.

It comes with 4 electric plugs for each pairs of T5 and the LED. It also comes with 2 GHL plugs.

I just did some quick checking and testing. The first thing I don't quite understand is the T5 will turn on when I connect the plug directly to wall sockets (not on Profilux II Light) but the GHL plugs are not connected to Profilux II Light yet. Is it normal? How can I proceed to test using the Profilux software which I just installed and can connect to the Profilux II light successfully.

GHL Support
02.03.2011, 15:27
Connect the plugs to the 1-10V-interfaces at the Profilux II Light (L-port). In the PC-software (or at the device itself) go to System/1-10V-interfaces and select for example as function Illumination 1 for the belonging interface e.g. L1. Afterwards define a dimming curve under Illumination / Illumination 1, select dimmable lamp and save.

clarkii
04.03.2011, 10:55
Hi Carolin, thanks for the advice. I think I know how to set up in the PC-software.

Another query is that I read from a number of post that if the lights are controlled using 1-10V-interfaces than the power plugs of the light can be connected to live sockets direct. However, for my light, as mentioned above, the light will be on when I plug the corresponding power plugs to live sockets (seemed should be off). Is it normal for the dimmable light fixtures you encountered? Also, am I correct that there should be a fixed physical mapping between each of the two GHL plugs with the 3 dimmable light pairs (i.e. 1 GHL plug will dim 1 pairs and the other dim other 2 pairs) which I should test out first?

Thanks!