PDA

View Full Version : Wireless USB

tnoblett
18.05.2009, 19:14
Has anyone connected their controllers by using a USB Wireless Gamecard attached to the USB Port? I understood that the instructions for the wireless functionality are imbedded into the USB Wireless Gamecard, therefore it functions just like the WLAN.

I wanted to use a cheaper route instead of spending the money on the LAN Card, then the PIII udgrade in a few months.

Any advice???

tnoblett
23.05.2009, 02:42
anything...

I don't what to buy anything that will be useless when we upgrade to the PIII!

Someone has to have tried this before...

cerreta
22.07.2009, 04:46
I tried it. No work. You have to use an adapter to convert the printer USB port to a standard USB port. I then connected the USB WLAN device and it would not get any power.

It could be the adapter, not sure. This is not my area of expertise. I had one lying around, so I wanted to try it before buyig the WLAN card.

Also, when trying to program the device using the Profilux Control or using the actual unit, it does not recognize the device.

The options to install the WLAN on Port 2 were not available. My guess is that the computer must recognize a device before activating the feature.

It's too bad. A $300 WLAN card cost nearly as much as the controller itself. It would be nice to see the price come down. Is WLAN standard on PIII? If not, how much is that upgrade?

GHL Support
22.07.2009, 16:35
There are two or more reasons that will not work.

The Profilux with PLM-USB is not an active USB host. It is a client. Your Gamer Card is also a client. They never will talk with each other. I also wonder about the plug. I don´t think it will fit in Profilux. (i case you use an adapter, i don´t think we write down that you can connect everything at the usb port, hope you do not damage the card with your experiments)
Next is, how do you give the Profilux the drivers for the Game Card. I am really sure X-Box and co will have them in there Firmware somewhere on HDD But we are not talking about a next gen console we are talking over a measurement and controlling unit for aquatics.
The w-lan card for the Profilux is an active part in an W-Lan network. The whole communication with security is managed by the card itself. It is more like the router you got from phone company. Thats the reason we can´t sell them for a cheaper price.
It really doesn't matter if you buy a PLM-Wlan now, because the PPIII will have "only" Lan but support existing Cards from PPII.