PDA

View Full Version : ProfiLux controlled Xmas tree

aqua_digital
11.12.2010, 19:25
Well I just had to do this, it was waiting, even begging to be done!

The worlds first ever Christmas tree illumination controlled by GHL ProfiLux :)

Components

1 x ProfiLux (can be any model)
1 x Power bar 2Dim (the AC dimmable power bar)
1 x 9' Christmas tree (Canadian and real)
1 x set of generic non controlled Christmas tree lights

The results can be viewed here (please note the video has only just been uploaded so quality will improve in a short while)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg_pE0rdtrg

Blahenazo
11.12.2010, 22:06
epic !

Add thunderstorm with simuspot and colors :)

unbreakable
11.12.2010, 23:05
what type of lights or equipment can this control? it wouldn't be able to dim ATI nondimmable fixtures, would it?

Matthias
12.12.2010, 10:29
finally we found the big selling point for ProfiLux!

Blahenazo
12.12.2010, 14:35
Next week GHL will release the X-mass sound module !!!!!

Mathias-Steffen
12.12.2010, 14:40
Yes, but we are still discussing, who of our staff has to synchronize santa - and who rudolph, the red nose rendeer. ;)

aqua_digital
12.12.2010, 19:42
Christmas tree cost = $50 CAD
Lights = $25CAD
Control system = Cool factor is priceless

I now have them on subtle twinkle mode 1 second pulse 45% min 50% max 1 second duration right angle wave :) But the wife prefers sine wave and 35% to 50% over 10 seconds.

For my next trick - dimmable electric tooth brush set to random mode! :)

what type of lights or equipment can this control? it wouldn't be able to dim ATI nondimmable fixtures, would it?

Ok serious point to this equipment - The AC dimmable power bar works the same way as a manual light switch wall dimmer, it works on any incandesent lamp, but not on standard Flourescent ballasts, for this you require AC dimmable ballasts such as Philips advance mark 10. So the simple answer is no it will not turn your ATI non dimmable into dimmable unfortunately.

These have been sold for other uses such as pump speed control but it all depends on the pump, its all trial and error really what accepts AC voltage reduction and what does not.

Blahenazo
13.12.2010, 17:26
lol,

I pictur this @ home of aqua digital

Wife=> yeah definately the sin 35 % wave.
man => No, I programmed pulse 45% min 50% max 1 second waves
Wife => no , first string , sin 35 % second string needs to be pernament opposite.
man => yes darling ..... ,I will update it asap
*man connects serial cable to P2*

Wife=> AND DON'T YOU FORGET THE RANDOM WAVE REDUCTION ! FOR THE SUBTILE TOUCH !!!!

ROFLmao

aqua_digital
13.12.2010, 17:43
Man connecting serial cable to P2 = Man crawling under 9 foot tree getting covered in pine needles down his back and attacked by tree decorations, then geting blamed for smashing antique glass ball ball

ganesh
13.12.2010, 17:44
ok… but shoudn’t the whole thing happen under water?