PDA

View Full Version : Giesemann Infiniti + Profilux II -Help required

sprooker
10.12.2010, 03:42
Hi,

I am about to order a new Giesemann Infiniti 2 x 150w, 4 x 54w (+ additional built in moonlight). Rather than getting the 1-10v dimmable ballasts built in by Giesemann, I am planning to get the regular ballasts installed by Giesemann and then I will convert the ballasts to Philips or Osram Dali dimmable 2 x 2x54w (thanks to the person who posted those helpfl instructions on this very sub forum). Giesemann offer as an option a built in moonlight for the Infiniti and I am currently trying to find out from Giesemann if this moonlight has different intensities ? So far I know that the moonlight offered by Giesemann is not dimmable 1-100%, but perhaps there is some other way to get different intensities from this moonlight, as this multiple intensity feature is offered with the Giesemann Sunrise comfort computer.

My main question is this. I want to team the Infiniti with a GHL Profilus Plus II. The features I want are;

-dimmable 2 x 2 x 54w T5 (Dali DIM)
-temp controller
-ph control
-2 x 150w metal halide switch on/off only

So my main question is what compnents do I need to acheive this ? I was thinking of buying the GHL Profilus Plus II Profiset which comes with powerbar, probes etc. Do I need one or two Dali cards in addition ?

Thanks for your help.

Blahenazo
10.12.2010, 06:46
- you need only 1 Dali card (it can control , multiple ballasts)
- you can use the powerbars to switch the HQI on/off (The profilux has options to protect your lamps incase of on/off/on behaviour)
- IF you want to switch even bigger HQI lamps you can use the power-powerbars =) , but switching 150 W should be ok with a normal powerbar

- if your not happy with the moonlight of Giesemann you can add simustick , simuspots => while they are not very powerfull
They are nice to get dust/dawn/moonlight/ effects.... Thunderstorm effect with 2 *150 watts could be a bit harder to see.
But if your will dim the 4*54 enough it might work.

sprooker
11.12.2010, 13:44
Thanks for your help Blahenazo. Giesemann have advised that they can offer a built in LED moonlight for the 1200mm Infiniti which is fully dimmable by Gtron and Profilux. The cost is the same as the standard moonlight, so this is excellent news all round.

So if I order the Profilux Plus II Profiset, I need to add just one DALI card and anything else ? Do I need any adapters or anything else ? Thanks again

GHL Support
12.12.2010, 09:58
You will only need one DALI-card additionally.

sprooker
18.12.2010, 12:45
You will only need one DALI-card additionally.
What about Profilux EVG-AP-2F Ballast Control Board ? As was pointed out by Chew on another thread, I think I will need one of these as well ?

Blahenazo
18.12.2010, 14:05
I believe you don't need it because DALI ballast have an internal circuit that turns off the power to the lamps when you dim to 0%

Chew
20.12.2010, 10:10
You won't need to EVG for dimming DALI balasts just 1-10v balasts.

sprooker
21.12.2010, 13:26
Thanks for the help.

So to control 2 DALI ballasts by profilux, how does the wiring work ? Does it require just one cable from each DALI ballast going to the profilux powerbar ? Or is there something that plugs into one of the ports at the back of the profilux ?

Thanks again

Wirus
21.12.2010, 13:32
So to control 2 DALI ballasts by profilux, how does the wiring work ?
As any DALI wiring: Wire the 2 wires directly from one to another and the last line to PLM-DALI card (mandatory for DALI)

Does it require just one cable from each DALI ballast going to the profilux powerbar ?
Powerbar isn´t needed. Connect the plug directly into any uncontrolled power socket - control is completely done by DALI

Or is there something that plugs into one of the ports at the back of the profilux ?
PLM-DALI card is mandatory for DALI

sprooker
22.12.2010, 12:56
As any DALI wiring: Wire the 2 wires directly from one to another and the last line to PLM-DALI card (mandatory for DALI)

Powerbar isn´t needed. Connect the plug directly into any uncontrolled power socket - control is completely done by DALI

PLM-DALI card is mandatory for DALI

Thankyou, one more silly question. Where does the DALI card go ? I presume the DALI card is mounted into the Profilux controller.

Wirus
22.12.2010, 13:23
Thankyou, one more silly question. Where does the DALI card go ? I presume the DALI card is mounted into the Profilux controller.

Yes, but only for PL2+, PL3 and Expansion box [EX-Box at the moment only for regulation, but not for initial addressing].
A view is found in GHL store. http://www.ghl-store.com/erweiterungskarten/schnittstellen/plm-dali.html