Matthias
08.12.2010, 17:49
and can be downloaded now

boboxx
08.12.2010, 17:57
duplicate

boboxx
08.12.2010, 17:57
Can the Firmware History be updated so we know what has changed?

Matthias
08.12.2010, 18:00
the current history is still valid

boboxx
08.12.2010, 18:28
it's only diplaying 5.05

What are the improvements or what problem was addressed from 5.05d to 5.05f?

legau
08.12.2010, 20:20
boboxx f like final!

diverdutch
09.12.2010, 12:55
Matthias,

Could it be possible for all future updates, that GHL clearly states if the updating to a new firmware is recommend or preferred?
When clients run a particular firmware version without substantial problems, it remains uncertain if updating to a higher firmware is ideal or creates problems.
Also more info what the new firmware does in regards to improving functioning for units Profilux II or III, would make the decision to upgrade easier….

diverdutch
07.01.2011, 11:32
Matthias, could you please let me know if the firmware ProfiLux II, Version 5.05f is final or still beta?
What are the improving functions with the current version 5.04a?

Awaiting your asnwer...

Regards,
Jan

GHL Support
07.01.2011, 14:42
Version 5.05f is already final.
Here you can see the firmware history to know which features have been added:
http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads/Firmwarehistory_ENG.txt

diverdutch
28.01.2011, 13:38
Dear all,

Today i upgraded my Profilux II EX from firmware 5.04a to 5.05f. Before I saved my general setting and sensor settings on my PC. The firmware upgrade via RS232 went successfully. (Maybe it’s good to state that after firmware upgrade the Profilux need to be reset by means of unplugging)? Due to the reset the Profilux loads the general factory setting. Till so far so good.

Then I wanted to upload my saved settings back to the Profilux. During the general settings upload I received several errors? However when I choose to upload the sensor settings to my Profilux this went successfully?
Okay, I thought let me install the general settings manually. But every time I changed settings (timer, illumination, pumps and sockets) and wanted to save them, I received communication error 43? After more than 1 hour of trying to setup some settings halfway successfully I gave up and returned to firmware 5.04a.

I thought okay maybe the default lays with my Profilux so I went to a hobby friend and we did the same upgrade, which resulted in the same errors? Now don´t get me wrong but these errors and bugs should have been known by the GHL and if so why it´s stated to upgrade to this firmware 5.05f (which is supports the forthcoming Profilux Control 6?

As I mentioned in the past, GHL please start stating more upgrade information separately for the PII and P3 because it’s becoming very confusing. And announce a final release when it has been installed and runes by at least 50 users for a period of 6 months.

Matthias
05.02.2011, 12:52
version 5.05f has been Release for a while now, even the new produced P3 have this firmware

about 800 users have downloaded 5.05f so far, considering this large amount 5.05f versions running I don't think there is a general problem with this version

I have another idea: Maybe the setting "EHEIM-controller availabe" is accidentally activated?

diverdutch
05.02.2011, 14:25
Matthias, txs for reply.

I will download again today. Can you confirm me if the following procedure is correct.

I will save all current setting of my profilux II as also my sensor settings. I connect my PC with PLC5.042 on the PLII true USB-RS32 cable.
I will use the PLC to upgrade firmware 5.05f version and confirm on the PLII with YES and than click ok on PLC. When sign from the PLC shows updrade succefull, than i have to reboot my PLII?
After reboot the PLII loads standard settings. Than make connection again with PLC and transfer old PLII settings back to the PLII and the same with sensor settings.

Now where can i find these EHEIM controller? and when do i need to check this, before uploading settings? or firmware update?

Please let me know if this is correct or i have missed something. thanks for assistance...

Matthias
05.02.2011, 15:41
yes, this is all correct

reboot starts automatically

EHEIM is under extras

diverdutch
05.02.2011, 16:01
Matthias,

Txs for the reply. I have succefully upgraded to the new PLC5.06 and firmware v5.06 and all works accordingly.