PDA

View Full Version : Can I connect ATI lamp to your controller?

Matthias
23.02.2009, 14:11
This question has been asked recently.

Yes, you can, if the lamp has a dimmable ballast with 1-10V-interface.

The control line of the lamp must be connected to one of the 1-10V ports of the ProfiLux controller (L1 ... Lx) and the power supply of the lamp must be shut off at 0% brightness in order to switch off the tubes completely.

This can be achieved by using our products LBF-AP, EVG-AP or LF-ABOX.
Please read more about these products on our product site:
http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/System__E_/Products/Illumination_technics/Lamp_accessories/lamp_accessories.html
LBF-AP does not have an integrated shut-off for the power supply, in this case you can use a socket of our powerbar which is programmed accordingly.

Manual for EVG-AP:
http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Download/Manual_EVG-AP2_V400.pdf

chiefzod
29.06.2009, 09:09
Hi Matthias,

I have had a few Ati's and they have all worked perfectly with the EVG-AP2F card. My recent one which is a 8x80w unit is having a few problems and i'm not sure if it's a ballast or the card.

Basically the unit has 4 ballasts.
Channel 1 of the EVG card has 1 ballast on it (this is how Ati wire the control lines).
Channel 2 of the EVG card has 3 ballasts on it (this is how Ati wire the control lines).
The unit work fine but sometimes when i come home from work the middle 2 bulbs are off. These are on channel 2 and run off the same ballast. If i dim the unit down to 0 then back on it works perfectly again. If i just sit there adjusting the light up and down without turning them off it continues to work fine. They also stay on every time if i set channel 2 to non dimmable.

Is the relay in the EVG card playing up in someway? If it is how come it's only 1 ballast and always the middle 2 bulbs? Do you think it is a fault with the ballast?

badazztealcobra
05.09.2009, 18:16
So does anyone know if the ballasts that come in the ATI fixtures are dimmable ?? I just sent out an email to ATI to check on it, but havent heard back. I'm looking into their 6x39w fixture, I still havent decided if Im going with the SunPower or PowerModule but Im really wanting to get into a dimmable T5 fixture....

Coralleida
05.09.2009, 23:43
So does anyone know if the ballasts that come in the ATI fixtures are dimmable ?? I just sent out an email to ATI to check on it, but havent heard back. I'm looking into their 6x39w fixture, I still havent decided if Im going with the SunPower or PowerModule but Im really wanting to get into a dimmable T5 fixture....

Only Powermodule are available in dimmable version, but when you go to your retailer, you have to tell him you want it dimmable 1-10V

badazztealcobra
06.09.2009, 00:25
PERFECT....

Im waiting to hear back from Aqua Digital on pricing for a FM starfire as well....

I figure as long as Im going to a T5 setup I might as well take advantage of the dimming features. :D

Coralleida
06.09.2009, 01:24
Yeahhh, it's better to buy it with dimmable ballasts installed on it better than to change them after :D

V1...rotate
07.09.2009, 07:50

Hi,

Yes, ATI make dimmable Power Module fixtures. I have an 8x80W however not sure about the dimmable versions for the US. I know for a fact that the 8x80W dimmable PM are due to be released in the US next year.

If you don't hear from ATI, let me know and I can forward you the e-mail address of the production manager at ATI. Very nice guy who can help answer your questions.

Cheers
Andrew